Tennis

Rassvet

Hate these last few years in Tennis.

Many people don't consider RF20 the GOAT anymore. Still remember when he was serving for the Wimbledon against Djokovic, I thought surely now RF is going to retire as the GOAT.

As a die hard RF fan, between Nadal and Djokovic:

While Nadal is much more likeable as a person and a true warrior, Djokovic is the better player. Just more versatile and impressive outside clay.
Nadal's playing style doesn't impress me much.

Tbh, after watching Prime Roger which was poetry in motion I find it tough to get amused by these mechanical playing styles.

good post

Zidane82

Many people don't consider RF20 the GOAT anymore. Still remember when he was serving for the Wimbledon against Djokovic, I thought surely now RF is going to retire as the GOAT.

As a die hard RF fan, between Nadal and Djokovic:

While Nadal is much more likeable as a person and a true warrior, Djokovic is the better player. Just more versatile and impressive outside clay.
Nadal's playing style doesn't impress me much.

Tbh, after watching Prime Roger which was poetry in motion I find it tough to get amused by these mechanical playing styles.

Federer is the greatest ever .. I agree with John McEnroe !!

Windhook

RF legacy suffers right now from the momentum Rafa and Novax have, but these guys are 5-6 years younger than Roger. He was caught up between two generations - that of the 90's Sampras and then that of 00's. Also there was a gap in the early 00's when Roger broke through with the big names of the previous decade retired.

All in all Roger Federer's style is the most copied in newcomers. For example Grigor Dimitrov early in his career was labelled "baby Federer", of course to no avail.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Was cheering for Nadal anyway, but the Norwegian in me felt embarrassed for Ruud. He just looked like he didn’t want to win it at all and happy to give his idol an easy win. Bad mentality, but great for Nadal. He must be over the moon that Tsitsipas didn’t even reach the final as many had predicted, because he would have really given him a fight in a final.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was cheering for Nadal anyway, but the Norwegian in me felt embarrassed for Ruud. He just looked like he didn’t want to win it at all and happy to give his idol an easy win. Bad mentality, but great for Nadal. He must be over the moon that Tsitsipas didn’t even reach the final as many had predicted, because he would have really given him a fight in a final.

He did fight or try to do so. Was the first time he's ever been in this situation and he made too many unforced errors. Not an unexpected result imo.

Not the first guy to get washed in three sets by Nadal in a final either tbh. He'll be back, I'm sure about that.

Home of Barca Fans