Tennis

Zidane82

Zverev is an awful person and while I wanted to see him lose and fail today, I hated how the match ended. No one deserves this ...

I have never heard anyone let alone a grown guy scream like a girl for so long and hard .. looks like a sprain as well .

I thought he had snapped his shin

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Another Norwegian making his mark at the world stage.

Where yo Greek buttfuckers at? [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION]

Nowhere to be seen

Messigician

Another Norwegian making his mark at the world stage.

Where yo Greek buttfuckers at? [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION]

Nowhere to be seen

Tsitsipas was in the Italian open final and reached semis in the open before then lol

4th round exits in the French open happen to the best players It's whatever lol

We all It's Nadal's to lose

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tsitsipas was in the Italian open final and reached semis in the open before then lol

4th round exits in the French open happen to the best players It's whatever lol

We all It's Nadal's to lose

Never heard of him. Sounds like some ghetto version of tsazsiki.

Nadal will win yes.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
The only decent Greek tennis player is Marcos Baghdatis.
Contributed more positively to the society just by smashing rackets than anything our resident pet did in its lifetime
And man aint even Greek

Temptation

Hate these last few years in Tennis.

Many people don't consider RF20 the GOAT anymore. Still remember when he was serving for the Wimbledon against Djokovic, I thought surely now RF is going to retire as the GOAT.

As a die hard RF fan, between Nadal and Djokovic:

While Nadal is much more likeable as a person and a true warrior, Djokovic is the better player. Just more versatile and impressive outside clay.
Nadal's playing style doesn't impress me much.

Tbh, after watching Prime Roger which was poetry in motion I find it tough to get amused by these mechanical playing styles.

KingLeo10

Federer faces a lot of the same "problems" (in the eyes of neutrals) that Messi does in CL in football in terms of legacy assessment.

Federer was the one who set the benchmark and pushed the level of GS play to new heights. Messi did the same from 2008-2015 with not only trophies but overall dominant performances (goals + assists, 10+ dribbles in CL matches lol).

Nadal and Djokovic with their later peaks had the advantage of gunning for Fed's benchmark and both have now surpassed him in "winning" in GS/Masters. Same with CR7 after Messi had set the bar with 2 trebles and CL masterclasses by 2015...and then CR7 ended up with more CL wins than Messi. Call it the curse of setting the benchmark. I'm sure had peak Barca/Messi known that what they were doing between 2008 and 2015 in CL would be surpassed (in wins) by 2014-2018 RM, they would have pushed an extra gear in CL. But in 2015, 3 CL wins in 7 years was considered an amazing dynasty in modern football. For reference, the all time great Milan had also won 3 CLs in 7 years in the 80s and 90s.

The amount of wins is definitely a factor for the title of "greatest", but things like absolute peak level should also be considered more. I would back prime Roger very evenly against prime Nadal and prime Djoker and he probably is better than both (Roger's forehand between 04 and 07 on fast courts was another level).

Thankfully, Messi has a lot of other major accolades (10 LL, Copa, 7 Ballon, 6 golden boot etc.) that help him be > CR7 trophy wise in the eyes of most neutrals despite being behind in CL wins.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
In other news Swiatek smashing Gauff in the final
First player to reach 34 consecutive wins since Serena, Venus record in WTA is at 35 which she'll tie if she wins in this final

Home of Barca Fans