Tanguy Ndombele

Jair Ventura

Yes, thank you. And I was referring to his teammate Fekir, not Felix. Question is could Ndombele adapt to a more forward position and be threat (say if Fekir wasn't there for Lyon), b/c I don't see Arthur or De Jong doing that.

Why would you buy a pivot/b2b to play in an atm role?

tacticvarium

Why do you think Ndombele has to step up to play more attacking role?
If one of FDJ and Arthur (Arthur most likely) is dropped to the bench and we sign another attacking CM, then it's all good.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yes, thank you. And I was referring to his teammate Fekir, not Felix. Question is could Ndombele adapt to a more forward position and be threat (say if Fekir wasn't there for Lyon), b/c I don't see Arthur or De Jong doing that.

Id much rather we target Fekir then drop a single penny on manchild.
Our front 3 should have enough creativity in most games with dembele/messi/new cf* if we were to play a dejong-ndombele-arthur mf.

BBZ8800

Id much rather we target Fekir then drop a single penny on manchild.
Our front 3 should have enough creativity in most games with dembele/messi/new cf* if we were to play a dejong-ndombele-arthur mf.

What if Messi will get injured or decrease his level a lot?
Dembele is already forever injured and lost.

Imagine losing Messi (losing our creativity) and then having a midfield consisted of three pivots.

Who would create and score goals in that team?
Goals in their career:
Frenkie 4
Ndombele 4
Arthur 2

Assists in their career:
Ndo 14
Frenkie 10
Arthur 2

Total: 26 assists, 10 goals

Xavi-Iniesta in a single season for Barca:
2010: 21 assists, 5 goals
2011: 19 assists, 14 goals
2012: 18 assists, 9 goals
2013: 29 assists, 10 goals

Or, my favorite stat:
Arthur 2019: 0 goals, 1 assists.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Imagine losing Messi (losing our creativity) and then having a midfield consisted of three pivots.

Goals in their career:
Frenkie 4
Ndombele 4
Arthur 2

Assists in their career:
Ndo 14
Frenkie 10
Arthur 2

Or, my favorite stat:

If we only buy griezman we are even worse off in that scenario.

sorry, who is "manchild", Pogba?
Griezman

Last edited:

aqua2nd

Goals in their career:
Frenkie 4
Ndombele 4
Arthur 2

Assists in their career:
Ndo 14
Frenkie 10
Arthur 2

Or, my favorite stat:

You realize that you're comparing young players with legendary players at the peak of their carriers, right?
Xavi and Iniesta didn't have much output util their 3rd seasons in La Liga not to mention that they were La Masia players so they could adapt to the team much easier

Xavi
1st season: 1 goal 2 assists / 1.436 minutes
2nd season: 0 goal 0 assist / 1.392 minutes

Iniesta
3rd season: 2 goals 3 assists / 1.671 minutes

Arthur
1st season: 0 goal 1 assist / 1.440 minutes

De Jong
2018/2019: 4 goals 4 assists / 2.517 minutes

Ndombele
2018/2019: 1 goal 7 assists / 2.692 minutes

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
fekir has bad knees. liverpool were gonna sign him last year but they dropped out in the last minute because during the medical tests the doctors concluded that he was prone to future injuries

That's not the reason they pulled out. They wanted to renegotiate the fee by dropping it £5m cheaper(because of knees) and Lyon got pissed because of that.

Arizona Scott

I am flip flopping here, but I am starting to think a midfield that covers a ton of ground and has a lot of discipline, even if not particularly creative, may be the way to go--a la Liverpool's midfield. They don't score much or create much, but they are very good at closing down space on opponents, winning the ball back, and then know the right people/places to pass to. Plus I'd like to get Busi to being a bit player. Maybe more grit, athleticism and box to box ethic is what we need, if Ndombele can do this and part of both a combination of highly active and highly disciplined midfield combo with De Jong and Arthur, maybe that would be best to add backbone to our defense and getting it back to our creative offensively players.

Tell me more about him, is he like a younger and bigger Kante, in going back a few pages on him I didn't here about this strengths, attributes, playing style, et

Andresito

Staff member
I am flip flopping here, but I am starting to think a midfield that covers a ton of ground and has a lot of discipline, even if not particularly creative, may be the way to go--a la Liverpool's midfield. They don't score much or create much, but they are very good at closing down space on opponents, winning the ball back, and then know the right people/places to pass to. Plus I'd like to get Busi to being a bit player. Maybe more grit, athleticism and box to box ethic is what we need, if Ndombele can do this and part of both a combination of highly active and highly disciplined midfield combo with De Jong and Arthur, maybe that would be best to add backbone to our defense and getting it back to our creative offensively players.

Tell me more about him, is he like a younger and bigger Kante, in going back a few pages on him I didn't here about this strengths, attributes, playing style, et

I'd say he's a lot closer to Arthur than Kanté.

Against us he was incredibly press resistant. Very brave in keeping the ball but also naive at times. Stamina is not the best. Compared to Arthur he's trying the vertical passes as well.

So he's kinda like a more unpredictable and unreliable Arthur, which is natural if you take more risks.

Home of Barca Fans