Spanish Supercup semis: Barca - Real 2-3

FinBarcelonafan

What we learned.
Pedri immediate starter.
Gavi falling down to earth still decent but no longer a starter.
Nico is definitely best young midfielder behind Pedri now.
FDJ maybe expendable now.
Dembele caused the most problems for RM by far. Ferran Torres awful debut.
Alves better than Dest but far from good enough at 38.
Pique still decent enough
Araujo 100% starter only great defender.
Alba just like last clasico costs a goal on the counter.
Ebde is terrible player
Juttgla terrible
Depay terrible
Busquets we have no choice
LDJ needs to start he is a threat in the air that we need
Ansu was pretty bad besides the goal which is still all that matters.

We will improve throughout the year. Next year will be a breakout year. 3 years we will be a major threat.

Spot on maestro!

Goods review

Porque

Benzema and Vinicius fucked up a bunch of long balls else they could have scored 2 or 3 more. Even if the score was close,the tactical setup and lineup choices of Xavi are being exposed almost as quick as he's arrived.

Agreed. Although we must also keep in mind that half of the team was returning from injury, and long term ones at that in the case of 3 of them.

I think that tactically we were better from the second half on, although I don't think we made the necessary adjustments for XT, or rather the point at which the match was back level.

Porque

What we learned.
Pedri immediate starter.
Gavi falling down to earth still decent but no longer a starter.
Nico is definitely best young midfielder behind Pedri now.
FDJ maybe expendable now.
Dembele caused the most problems for RM by far. Ferran Torres awful debut.
Alves better than Dest but far from good enough at 38.
Pique still decent enough
Araujo 100% starter only great defender.
Alba just like last clasico costs a goal on the counter.
Ebde is terrible player
Juttgla terrible
Depay terrible
Busquets we have no choice
LDJ needs to start he is a threat in the air that we need
Ansu was pretty bad besides the goal which is still all that matters.

We will improve throughout the year. Next year will be a breakout year. 3 years we will be a major threat.

Interesting takes. Post more here.

wisconsincule

What pisses me off when we have played Madrid recently is how we set up against them.

They clearly invite us forward so they can hit on the counter. We just let it happen. We don’t have the pace to defend in transition. It’s just too easy for them. DUMB

FinBarcelonafan

What pisses me off when we have played Madrid recently is how we set up against them.

They clearly invite us forward so they can hit on the counter. We just let it happen. We don?t have the pace to defend in transition. It?s just too easy for them. DUMB

It's because we keep playing Alves, Busi, Pique etc. They try this against City and they won't create shit. Walker, Stones etc too quick for shit tactics like this.

That's why, we should really move on from these veterans and build quick defense, especially when Xavi likes playing high line. Slow midfield and backline is too easy to expose. Sooo easy.

JamDav1982

Real let Busi on ball almost all game as little threat to disrupt them.

Some folk think Busi dictates the game when all it was is Real setting traps to expose him.

Devils

I'm devastated man.

I cannot believe it. We haven't won a big game in like 3 years dawg.

Hurts the soul.

Horatio

You're welcome
A handful of positive takeaways. Our midfield looked decent enough and will skyrocket once busquets gets replaced. We can look forward towards future.

FinBarcelonafan

A handful of positive takeaways. Our midfield looked decent enough and will skyrocket once busquets gets replaced. We can look forward towards future.

Yes, I think there's a lot of positive.. This team isn't that far from challenging top teams again. We need few key buys though.

Home of Barca Fans