Spanish FA, FC Barcelona sanctioned for international transfers of minors

Cule4life

The Culest
It will still get called the Camp Nou regardless.

What the club 'stands for' is constantly changing and above all what the club stands for is to represent the members. Who have voted and approved the development.

I dont want the club to stand for the thinking of old conservative and ignorant members.

JamDav1982

I dont want the club to stand for the thinking of old conservative and ignorant members.

You have no idea on the make up of members and what they think.

The only person who comes off as ignorant is people like you with those statements.

What was the average age of those who voted yesterday?

Like it or not it is their club to represent them and not you or I.

jamrock

the new stadium was needed, and it doesn't matter that this board is the one that put it forth it is needed, if they all weren't such ass holes. they would have just continued where laporta left off and we would almost be done by this.

I also don't see a problem with how they are going to finance it, except for the fact that they are really tell us they are excepting 10m for the naming rights, I have no words

JamDav1982

the new stadium was needed, and it doesn't matter that this board is the one that put it forth it is needed, if they all weren't such ass holes. they would have just continued where laporta left off and we would almost be done by this.

I also don't see a problem with how they are going to finance it, except for the fact that they are really tell us they are excepting 10m for the naming rights, I have no words

What do you mean by where Laporta left off?

The club was nowhere near financially ready to commit to the plan Laporta was presenting at the time.

They were 400m in debt had just lost 100m in the last year and Laportas plan was to spend 250m upgrading the stadium - even then that 250m was heavily disputed and was generally thought would cost a lot more.

Not blaming Laporta for the debt as he helped get the club to the point where they could start making money in the future but in that point in time his proposal was virtually impossible.

jamrock

What do you mean by where Laporta left off?

The club was nowhere near financially ready to commit to the plan Laporta was presenting at the time.

They were 400m in debt had just lost 100m in the last year and Laportas plan was to spend 250m upgrading the stadium - even then that 250m was heavily disputed and was generally thought would cost a lot more.

Not blaming Laporta for the debt as he helped get the club to the point where they could start making money in the future but in that point in time his proposal was virtually impossible.

we've done the "Rosell debt", debate to death. so i wont go over it again.

but as i said no problems with the new stadium, though 600m is too much for my taste and if we get 10m for naming the camp nou.

someone should go to jail or something

JamDav1982

we've done the "Rosell debt", debate to death. so i wont go over it again.

but as i said no problems with the new stadium, though 600m is too much for my taste and if we get 10m for naming the camp nou.

someone should go to jail or something

Laporta put forward the idea for the new stadium in 2007 and it never got any further than that as it was never affordable due to the finances at the time. He left three years later and there had been no movement on it.

Also that plan included selling the ground that the mini stad is on and that would have a crazy way to fund it.

Are you meaning 10m a season to rename it?

They are not actually giving up the full naming rights which I think is why they cannot get the same kind of deal as other clubs have.

Kohe321

I think it's good that we'll upgrade our stadium and facilities. To compare the situation and argue that we'll see the same sporting decline as Arsenal has since they moved from Highbury just doesn't hold any water. They made their decisions, this is Barca and is a whole different kind of animal - just the culture around the club would never accept that we no longer have top world class talent playing and aiming for trophies every season, that's just how it is and how it will be.

However, I do think this board has shown incompetence of a scary magnitude several times in these past years, and in several different fields, so to let them do this job is questionable. I like the idea of renovating and expanding Camp Nou, but I can't even begin to understand how we're only going to get 200m over 20 years from sponsoring out one of the worlds most recognizeable and well known stadiums for two decades. When I read that ManU get more from their sponsor at their training grounds, one has to wonder. I mean, what do we get yearly from our kit-sponsor? Surely the stadium should be worth at least the same?

Anyway, I'm glad our finances are in good enough order that we can even think about such a project, that's perhaps the only positive thing I can say about this board. From a sporting point of view, they have been borderline disastrous (or not even borderline if this ban sticks, no matter how moronic Fifa and their rules are, they need to follow them to avoid this). Would be awesome if we could get a board consisting of Laportas sporting enthusiasm and someone with an awesome economical sense and knowhow.

Last edited:

BarçAjax8

@JamDav
You claim you want to have a discussion without insults etc etc.
But when someone gives you clear points on something all you do is go against them without any real counter-facts or opinions of your own. When someone actually gives you a prime example of "what could happen" if we trust the current board...

1. I dont trust this board at all. Wouldnt be shocked if they pocket some of the money for themselves.
2. This board has made no planning on reinforcing the team in forever and now the socis want to entrust them with spending 600m. I want my team reinforced first. A 600m stadium is useless with a team struggling to sustain its past success
3. Who the hell makes 20 year deals these days and that too at half the rate at which man united get for their TRAINING GROUND? Again wouldnt be shocked if there were some kickbacks involved
Does Camp Nou need to be remodeled and upgraded, yes. But not by this board. The best way to tell them NOT WELCOME is to reject their ideas. Look at what has happened to Arsenal just because they moved from Highbury to the Emirates. They were a powerhouse team, now with exception of Ozil none of their starting 11 are Arsenal material. They replaced Henry, v.Persie, Cesc, Vierra and Trophies with Giroud, Podolski, Flamini, Arteta and 4th place.

Have elections for a new board who will strengthen the team for the future then we can make plans to renovate the stadium the right way.
...you don't have anything to counter with. YOUR replies truly are lazy. I have discussions here with many fellow FC Barcelona supporters, but with you it's nothing but arguments. That is a "keyboard warrior" sir.

The general consensus here is that while we do want Camp Nou to be renovated it is not by this corrupt board whose dirty acts are being unveiled one after the other. Barcelona are still a revenue machine and with a fortified squad we will win more competitions, sell more jerseys, attract better players which in turn means more revenue. This 600m project is not necessary when all anybody wants is to upgrade the stadium (and basketball arena). Camp Nou was funded by the supporters and if they opened up membership again I'm sure the supporters would be more than happy to chip in again. I certainly would if it means it's done the right way i.e. not selling the soul of the club.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I am not that bothered if they want to add a sponsor to the name of the stadium, as others have said, we'll still call it Camp Nou. Don't forget that originally we played at Camp de la Indústria, then onto Camp de Les Corts before moving to Camp Nou. This is just another progression. The club sold its soul when they allowed sponsorship on the shirt, after that the naming of the stadium of inevitable.

Cule4life

The Culest
@JamDav
You claim you want to have a discussion without insults etc etc.
But when someone gives you clear points on something all you do is go against them without any real counter-facts or opinions of your own

You just summed up jamdav mate.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
When the stadium is built the football team will suffer. It's inevitable. All clubs that have a new stadium have gone into a dip as they are spending money elsewhere. But when the team becomes good again it will be great (look at bayern and juventus).

Duke

I think you guys should create another thread to discuss stadium renovation and naming, I thought this thread to talk about transfer sanction.

Home of Barca Fans