Seydou Keita

Manuel Traquete

Keita isn't "world class" by any standards and yes he's technically less skilled than any of the masia trained midfielders, but let's not pretend he's some plug either. His epic performance for Mali shows just how good he can be.

He's a good player. He's done very well for us in very important occasions, including today. He's versatile, can do well at any position in midfield, is a good passer of the ball, is experienced and knows how to work around his limitations.

He'd be a starter (or at least very important player) for most teams in the world as well, what he brings to the table is very valuable. Contrary to what haters might think, he's not in our squad because Pep has a mancrush on him. He's on the squad because he deserves it and because no one could do his role better than him. He's the perfect squad player.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
LMFAO @ a "Cule" using Marca to reference stats for a Barça game. that's like Nolan or myself using Wikipedia in our respective fields.

holy fucking shit I cannot believe that.

Birdy

The discussion about keita's quality is irrerevant.
The mistake was pep's decision. and the discussion should have been centered around this and the tactics involved.

We played something like a hybrid with alves somewhere between the 4-3-3 and the 3-4-3..
In any case keita's selection hampered our attack, because iniesta whenever he plays out wide, his natural tendency is to cut in..
Plus that Alexis also drifts centrally.
This was devastating for our functionality.
Look how narrow we were.. the center of the pitch was always overcrowded..
When guardiola corrected his mistakes with Tello and Pedro it was already too late..
And the truth is that Milan is weak in the FB area. Fact! exploited by many other teams.
we played in their hands with pep's selection (in the case of barcelona, playing in the hands means only not dominating..)

Given the plan A, our 4-3-3, (and this the point where you can bring on keita's qualities and inabilities..)i (and much more people i think) prefer iniesta to play in the md and not keita.
I dont agree with your arguments about ball retention, physicality and steel.. Ok, you are right that Keita did his job.
But was that job needed?
Why on earth would we want to play like that? Why? We are the best team in the world, the other teams should adapt to our way of play, not we to them.
we didnt even play madrid. we played Ac milan FFS..
i really dont get your point on that.
Besides you go there to score much, and you have the ability to do it and sweep from the first leg..

Pep really underperformed tonight. Reminded me of the night almost 2 years ago, when he made an awful selection to allow inter to dominate(3-1).
San siro, fucking stadium of bad luck!
i dont like the whole scenatio at all..

Last edited:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
he should not be starting for us.with midfielders like thiago and cesc on the bench its ridiculous to start him who cant play the ball like others.if we were 2-0 up at HT,i wd have loved him to come as in mallorca match.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
since everyone else has not been performing on their "best", I don't think we should criticize him at all. If anything an under-average game in san siro!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Dalitis, Keita scores league winning goals. He scored the goal that won the league when Messi choked. Enough said.

Actually, FREE KEITA!!

dalitis8

Banned
Yeah, a grand total of 4! Less than any other player in the team... But let's not allow the facts to get in the away of mindless hatred, right?

Like the fact that he attempted the easiest passes imaginable and still failed 6 times or so.

Or the fact that he lost all of his duels, or the fact that he did not do anything of note, or the fact...

Home of Barca Fans