Seydou Keita

E

estranged

blames keita for pushing Iniesta out of position, turns a blind eye on cesc for doing it every week :lol:

mateopol

It is bad that Keita is anywhere near the Camp Nou and our team. That he started against AC Milan, is a crime against the club and a monumental stupidity.

Was it Keita that was restricting Boateng? Tell me when he won the ball off him, because I can't remember something like that happening.

Furthermore, playing Keita in Iniesta's position, in a game of this magnitude must be some of a feat in misuse of resources. OK, the Don was not at his best tonight, but him making way for Keita was just stupid.

+1 but people think of Keita as a lovely, humble man and that cloud their judgement. They forgot that he is very average player who have no business playing in QF of UCL. I hope to see less humility (no Keita in second leg) and more quality in CN game (Iniesta in midfield and Pedro as a forward, or Cesc if Pedro will still suck at weekend vs Athletic).

JonM

Just because we did not concede today (something that could easily have happened if Ibra, Robinho and Urby were clinical) proves absolutely nothing about Keita.

I know what the scoreline was, what I want the Keita supporters in here to tell me, is what he did today? What did he do individually? What did he do during the 90mns of play, either offensively or defensively.

You all come up with vague statements like: "he shielded our back 4" or "he brought steel in the middle"

Where exactly was the steel and where exactly was the shielding? If I ask you for one notable interception, or a significant forward pass, or a run, you can come up with precisely nothing, zilch, zero. He did not do anything the entire 90mns other than giving the ball away.

And you are disappointed with Messi, Iniesta, Alexis Xavi etc, and not with Keita? Imagine if you were advising some football team anywhere in the world, you 'd send them straight into liquidation.

I'm mostly disappointed with the offensive players, but not that much. The pitch was shit and Milan was parking the bus. Still, the ball movement was slow and predictable.

As for Keita, you keep saying that he did nothing but give the ball away. Yet, he had a 92% pass completion rate, the highest of the team.

dalitis8

Banned
Cesc has helped us enormously this season, and can assist, score and mark players. He also links with Messi etc. Plus, I said many times, that I mostly want to see Cesc being rotated with mostly Xavi, and secondly Iniesta.

Keita can't run, can't press, can't pass, but for some reason, most of the frequent posters on here have been trying to convince themselves that Keita is valuable to the club.

He was the worse player on the field tonight, totally out of his depth, and those who say otherwise are either blind, inane or just plain old hypocrites.

F

Flavia

+1 but people think of Keita as a lovely, humble man and that cloud their judgement. They forgot that he is very average player who have no business playing in QF of UCL. I hope to see less humility (no Keita in second leg) and more quality in CN game (Iniesta in midfield and Pedro as a forward, or Cesc if Pedro will still suck at weekend vs Athletic).
Keita's been an important and key player many times for us. Many, many times. But people either have selective memory, or just like to find someone to blame when Barça doesn't win.

blames keita for pushing Iniesta out of position, turns a blind eye on cesc for doing it every week :lol:
That's true... Cesc has pushed Iniesta countless times out of position, I don't remember dalitis complaining about.

Blaugrana dude

No business for him to be playing in the QF of UCL? :lol: Did you forget that he played a role in the SF against Real Madrid last year?

dalitis8

Banned
I'm mostly disappointed with the offensive players, but not that much. The pitch was shit and Milan was parking the bus. Still, the ball movement was slow and predictable.

As for Keita, you keep saying that he did nothing but give the ball away. Yet, he had a 92% pass completion rate, the highest of the team.

Yeah, but you have to see how many times he lost the ball, and how many times did he attempt anything remotely risky. Passing the ball backwards to Puyol or Biscuits is something that you and I can do as well.

F

Flavia

Cesc has helped us enormously this season, and can assist, score and mark players. He also links with Messi etc. Plus, I said many times, that I mostly want to see Cesc being rotated with mostly Xavi, and secondly Iniesta.

Keita can't run, can't press, can't pass, but for some reason, most of the frequent posters on here have been trying to convince themselves that Keita is valuable to the club.

He was the worse player on the field tonight, totally out of his depth, and those who say otherwise are either blind, inane or just plain old hypocrites.
He is important. This kind of complaint of yours is the same you dont like to see on cesc thread. It's most baseless. Keita's an awesome box-to-box md, and he has, plenty of times, been really important to Barça. And no way he was the worst player tonight. No way at all. That's just your blind hatred speaking.

dalitis8

Banned
No business for him to be playing in the QF of UCL? :lol: Did you forget that he played a role in the SF against Real Madrid last year?

So what?

He played part in one successful semi, that only became successful when Madrid were left with 10 men.

He was also part in all the times we lost in the CL. But that is not how you judge an individual player. You judge an individual player by his overall individual contribution.

It doesn't follow that anyone who has started a winning match, has played well. And this is what you are telling me.

dalitis8

Banned
He is important. This kind of complaint of yours is the same you dont like to see on cesc thread. It's most baseless. Keita's an awesome box-to-box md, and he has, plenty of times, been really important to Barça. And no way he was the worst player tonight. No way at all. That's just your blind hatred speaking.

What box-to-box?

Are you being serious about this?

When did Keita carry the ball from box-to-box? When did he even make a limited forward run with the ball at his feet? When did he put on a good tackle tonight? He only gave some sideways passes, lost the ball without much pressure, attempted nothing, and deservedly got booked for a clumsy challenge.

I have nothing against the man, I am baffled by Pep here, and I am honestly telling you, with confident certainty that Keita is not nearly good enough for Barca.

If some people love his personality, his eyes or the way he dresses, that is besides the point. In football terms, Keita has nothing to do with Barca, let alone CL quarterfinals at the San Siro.

joffess

1. Cesc can't run either, he's slow as fuck and still he's more offensive than Keita.

2. He pressed pretty well actually, he might not have been the most active presser but he didn't just stand there, which i know you will argue since you don't know how to shut up.

3. He had the highest pass completion rate in our team, and on the whole pitch for that matter.

4. Keita is valuable, he's humble, respectful and skilled, traits that every footballer should have. But I don't suppose you appreciate anything that doesn't cost millions, and looks like the definition of retarded, you'd fit better with the capital club then Casillas himself.

5. He was definitely not the worst player, Iniesta was(F*ck that really hurt to say) , which proves that you are the blind and inane one.

And last but not least:

blames keita for pushing Iniesta out of position, turns a blind eye on cesc for doing it every week:lol:

You are the definition of a hypocrit.

Home of Barca Fans