Sergio Busquets

J

jiopi

Pity he's hated and ridiculed for that silly peekaboo incident . It will stay with him all his life it seems .
Actually he's gaining fans steadily I think, people tend to forget things like these when players starts to act more properly. And he's definitely improved on that front. Also he got his first recognition being in the Ballon d'Or shortlist, which I think is the biggest influence and motivator for this season beastings.

Tazim

I saw this yesterday.. a dutch talkshow where they talk about Barca. Its pretty funny. They say the fat guy can solve the sperm donor problem in Belgium.. just let him watch Barca and they have enough sperm for the whole country :pep:

Last edited:

Rashida19

Busquets is so underrated. If Busi plays, i feel comfort. He controls the game together with Xavi and Iniesta. When Puyol and Pique were injured, he played like real central defender! He did very good job. He is so cold-blooded, never lost himself.. Love him so much! Hope he will stay at Barca till the end of his career...

khaled_a_d

Busquets is so underrated. If Busi plays, i feel comfort. He controls the game together with Xavi and Iniesta. When Puyol and Pique were injured, he played like real central defender! He did very good job. He is so cold-blooded, never lost himself.. Love him so much! Hope he will stay at Barca till the end of his career...

I don't think he is that underrated any more ,he is gaining a lot of the respect he deserves in the last year or so and not from barca fans only but from all around the world too ,he still deserve more but he will get that,players at his position generally take long to get the respect they deserve
PS: I don't really trust him when he plays at CB

Leo10Messi

Busquets is becoming a better player every season. When Masch moved from Liverpool, we thought that he may replace Busquets. But Masch has to drop back to CD role and Busquets has improved his play and has become a key player for Barcelona. Unfortunately, he is known more for his theatrics as compared to his play but I do agree that he is starting to get the recognition that he deserves. Moreover, because he is CDM, he will get less recognition as compared to other attacking players.

Busquets is becoming a better player every season. When Masch moved from Liverpool, we thought that he may replace Busquets. But Masch has to drop back to CD role and Busquets has improved his play and has become a key player for Barcelona. Unfortunately, he is known more for his theatrics as compared to his play but I do agree that he is starting to get the recognition that he deserves. Moreover, because he is CDM, he will get less recognition as compared to other attacking players.

Didn't he bench Yaya Toure before Masch came? There's no way Masch was gonna replace him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are saying it as if he was so much better than Yaya. You should check the polls at the time and see that fans actually preferred Yaya over Sergio.
Sergio is a homeboy and was naturally preferred by Pep and also by the fact he coached him with the B team. Yaya saw what was coming and opted to pack his bags after winning it all with Barca.

abual3bed1

Busquets wasn't better than Yaya when he benched him. But thanx to that decision by Pep, we have a master mind in our midfield atm.

ivan22

Yesterday was another good example of "if you watch the game you don't see busquets, if you watch busquets you see the game".

GiantKiller

I remember I came across a Rinus Michels quote once where he said that if you don't notice a defensive midfielder, then that means he's doing a good job (not exactly sure about the wording but the point conveyed is the same). That applies really well to Busquets, in my opinion. :O

Home of Barca Fans