Sergio Busquets

mc_lovin

I have the feeling people think we can just sign virtually any DM and would be better off. But the whole Rodri-Busquets situation quickly puts things into perspective. I badly want competition for him, but it's not like there are endless options (if any). The players who would improve us are all easily 40ME+. Some average, midtable DM in his mid 20's will put us closer to 5th place than into contention for the title (which we were and probably will be again).

FinBarcelonafan

I have the feeling people think we can just sign virtually any DM and would be better off. But the whole Rodri-Busquets situation quickly puts things into perspective. I badly want competition for him, but it's not like there are endless options (if any). The players who would improve us are all easily 40ME+. Some average, midtable DM in his mid 20's will put us closer to 5th place than into contention for the title (which we were and probably will be again).

Probably true, but let's wait and see how Busi does vs the top team in Euro. I assume it will be similar to what we see with Barca. His weaknesses will be more obvious. Good teams can exploit his weaknesses.

JohnN

Probably true, but let's wait and see how Busi does vs the top team in Euro. I assume it will be similar to what we see with Barca. His weaknesses will be more obvious. Good teams can exploit his weaknesses.

National teams, even the best ones, have nothing to do with top clubs like real, mancity, psg, bayern, etc.. Euros is at level at which he can be great. Things get ugly when he is playing for a whole season and against actually good teams.

FinBarcelonafan

National teams, even the best ones, have nothing to do with top clubs like real, mancity, psg, bayern, etc.. Euros is at level at which he can be great. Things get ugly when he is playing for a whole season and against actually good teams.

True. A lot of the Euro teams look easy compared to top league teams.

JamDav1982

Was getting completely over run by Switzerland in the second half as Spain were toiling before the red.

After sending off and Switzerland sat back looked decent on ball but second game in row was looking more and more ropey defensively as game went on.

Porque

LE should probably be looking to change Busquets around the 70-75 mark when his legs start to go.

No shame in that. Long season, short turnaround of games and travel from Spain to Copenhagen to Russia and now to London. Plus of course Busquets age.

Thiago has always been pretty decent at DMC. Might be better to go with him there and lose a little bit defensively but have better cycling of position Compared to Rodri.

Messi983

Sergio Busquets will stay at Bar?a this season, but he does not rule out moving to the MLS in 2022.— @FabrizioRomano

Lol, will never happen but let's hope.

Bobo32

Ridiculous posts here.
I know in advance what will be said about Busquets if Spain does not go through against Italy, no matter how the game will look, but I wonder what will be said if Spain win...

Morten

Ridiculous posts here.
I know in advance what will be said about Busquets if Spain does not go through against Italy, no matter how the game will look, but I wonder what will be said if Spain win...

Does it matter? The guy is an all-time great anyway.

Why do we expect the world from aging players?

Porque

Messi, Fabregas and Busi all playing for Miami. Looki g forward to that. I would catch game or two.

Laporta would be watching that with legit tears of what Barca Miami could have been.

Should have done a franchise model with investors and not direct ownership from FC Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans