Sergio Busquets

wisconsincule

Barca legend no doubt but he is a statue at this point. He is so slow and a liability when we push forward and play a high line. It’s too bad he will remain a starter even if he’s being out performed by FDJ next season.

Zidane82

Barca legend no doubt but he is a statue at this point. He is so slow and a liability when we push forward and play a high line. It’s too bad he will remain a starter even if he’s being out performed by FDJ next season.

Busqs has never been fast but he’s never had to cope with two slow players in front of him.. Arthur has been wonderful but Rakitic is a waste of space plus Raki being the slowest player in the whole squad doesn’t help

Next season with FDJ and Vidal we’d see the best of Busqs again . IMHO

vuji_31

I was watching yt videos and there was analysis on Busqets.

When he started at Guardiola he was really fast with ball and didn't have more then 2 tocuhes.
Know he is too slow with ball.He always have 5 touches.

His speed is even lower , he become weight for Barca.

Judoman

He still regularly shows glimpses of pure class , he just needs some good legs around him .. he’ll be amazing alongside FDJ .. worry not

You can say same thing about Rakitic, Suarez and even Coutinho. Double standards.

He shouldn t be a starter anymore. He should adopt Xavi role in his last season.

BBZ8800

Busqs has never been fast but he’s never had to cope with two slow players in front of him.. Arthur has been wonderful but Rakitic...

Busquets played with Xavi and Iniesta.
Xavi was slowish.
Iniesta was not a speed demon either.

Now he plays with Rakitic and Arthur who are both slow, and suddenly only Rakitic is a problem, while turtles Busi and Arthur will be good next season with Frenkie.

What if both Busi and Raki are slow granny turtles and both need to go?

Plus, Busi will be good against Rayo and Girona.
In a Cl he will be bad.
But then, we'll find additional scapegoats, like Ev, Roberto, Suarez.

Busi, Raki, Arthur is probably the slowest midfield trio in modern football.
Again, they will be good in liga.
In a Cl though, results like Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0, Roma 3:0 and Liverpool 4:0 can't be a strange coincidence anymore.
Plus, Ev can't be guilty for similar defeats before he came here.

Zidane82

Xavi was slowish.

Now he plays with Rakitic and Arthur who are both slow, and suddenly only Rakitic is a problem, while turtles Busi and Arthur will be good next season with Frenkie.

What if both Busi and Raki are slow granny turtles and both need to go?

Plus, Busi will be good against Rayo and Girona.
In a Cl he will be bad.
But then, we'll find additional scapegoats, like Ev, Roberto, Suarez.

Busi, Raki, Arthur is probably the slowest midfield trio in modern football.
Again, they will be good in liga.
In a Cl though, results like Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0, Roma 3:0 and Liverpool 4:0 can't be a strange coincidence anymore.
Plus, Ev can't be guilty for similar defeats before he came here.

Please never compare Iniesta’s and Xavi’s effectiveness to Rakitic’s.

They were both extremely mobile ... constantly making themselves available ... I don’t see that from Raki and haven’t for some time .. he flits in and out of games but offers very little imho. It’s an opinion that’s all ..
He rarely uses his excellent ‘longball’ for some reason but chooses the easy sideways ball or one back to Pique . He’s not even combative like Vidal .. I saw Raki make just one attempt at a tackle in the home leg against Liverpool and that resulted in him putting Keita out for the season ..

Last edited:

Potroh

Xavi was slowish.

Right, but you simply mix up "running-speed" with "speed of accomplishment".

Both Xavi and Iniesta were fabulous about unexpected moves and balls to unexpected directions, accomplished sparkingly fast and that's what mattered.
Just like Messi, who's actual running speed is not outstanding by now but all of his every other moves with the ball is faster than anyone else's in this moment...

johantenenbaum

I can't believe people are booing Busi at Camp Nou now. We are basically playing without a midfield since he dropped back to between Pique and Umtiti. He's making mistakes cuz there is no one to pass the ball! And crowd booing Busi. Unbelievable how Valverde throws his players under the bus and still comes in and says "I'm not going anywhere". What a douchebag.

Givenchy

I can't believe people are booing Busi at Camp Nou now. We are basically playing without a midfield since he dropped back to between Pique and Umtiti. He's making mistakes cuz there is no one to pass the ball! And crowd booing Busi. Unbelievable how Valverde throws his players under the bus and still comes in and says "I'm not going anywhere". What a douchebag.

was just about to post this.. don't boo Busi, heck don't even boo Coutinho. only person who deserves to be boo'd is that cunt of a manager

this is just giving our board the easy way out.. sell 1 seniors and Coutinho thinking they have satisfied the fans while the real problem stays

Zidane82

It’s not rocket science to just boo Valverde if they want him out.. don’t Real Madrid’s fans wave white hankies when they want the manager out ??

FCB1987

Banned

Busi is done

Home of Barca Fans