Sergio Busquets

Truthist

He may be great on the ball with his one touch passing and reading of the game but, holy moly, he runs like a crippled when he's chasing back.

BBZ8800

He may be great on the ball with his one touch passing and reading of the game but, holy moly, he runs like a crippled when he's chasing back.

He was always somewhat crippled even aged 22, when we had young Xavi-Iniesta-Messi.
Today, a few years later, with Xavi gone, Iniesta semi-retired, and Messi also losing his legs, Busi is exposed even more.

It is not only Busi, yesterday I had a feeling that our whole midfield-forward line is out of breath and unable to run and catch Real's players on counters.
For example, we lose the ball:
1. Messi doesn't track back
2. Suarez tracks back sometimes
3. Iniesta, he can't run neither with ball in his feet nor chasing 24-25 year old guys from Real on counters
4. Rakitic, it is painful to watch him trying to run lately
5. Busi, he was always weaker when he needed to run and catch guys on counters. His legs are a past tense also.

Some guys will get offended, but I really felt like this watching our team defending against counters yesterday (when we tried to run):
ivybeanmirror.jpg

Our board seem to think that all you need for football is technique.
And they are neglecting stamina, pace, physique and other parts for years.

Yes, we won in Pep's era with short-technical players.
But again, we had Messi-Xavi-Iniesta.
If you don't have those 3 in their prime, in your team, then a technical team will rarely win in a CL.
Especially now, when we have a granny-technical team.

But, everything is fine, we bought a 29 years old youngster Paulinho to neutralize all other problems in our team :facepalm1:

barcanuck

He is exposed against teams like Atletico and Real of course because they figured out our system years ago and just press our midfielders and cause turn overs especially deep in opponents half.

xXKonan

Busi stating we need to get a Neymar replacement and more signings during his pregame press conference so far.

Windhook

Good on Sergio. Pep Segura should look at his own contributions to F.C. Barcelona before talking about Pique's mistakes. I smell a rat.

BBZ8800

His motivation (due to too many trophies won) and pace (due to age) are gone.

Turtle Busquets, Turtle Rakitic, Turtle Gomes.
The slowest midfield trio ever in La liga?

And then, we have Real's midfielders who can actually run like normal people, and not like turtles.

Arkk

hes terrible..

without Xaviesta controlling the midfield hes just an exposed turtle, need a faster midfield if we persist with him in a 433

psychotsek

He is sleeping. Making mistakes when he isn't even under pressure. If this was the end of the season it could be due to fatigue. Now there is no excuse for a player of his caliber..

Wick

I love him for all he has done.

But my god is he playing absolutely horribly. No awareness, bad touches, slow as a snail.
Can't count how many times Madrid players pressed him into errors.

Get your fucking act together, Busi.

Home of Barca Fans