Sergio Busquets

Kohe321

I don't think he's declining at all, it has been a dip in form and some loss of focus, but he still has the same top level at his best. I agree that he's one of our most important players, so he's worth a lot. But if 15m is true it seems unecessarily high, I can't see Busquets was the one demanding that amount at 26 years old...

Last edited:

JamDav1982

As compared to his peak years yes he had undoubtely delclined. So as Iniesta or Xavi did.

No he hasnt, the club play a different style now that doesnt suit Busquets as much as before but he hasnt declined.

In many ways he is adapting, for example his range of passing and how often he contributes in final third has improved this season.

He is well worth the wages being given to him and it ties him down for peak years.

Wait and see the money being paid to average players in the next 4/5 years from the EPL money. These wages will be a steal for Busquets.

Kerrybai

No he hasnt, the club play a different style now that doesnt suit Busquets as much as before but he hasnt declined.

In many ways he is adapting, for example his range of passing and how often he contributes in final third has improved this season.

He is well worth the wages being given to him and it ties him down for peak years.

Wait and see the money being paid to average players in the next 4/5 years from the EPL money. These wages will be a steal for Busquets.

He hasn't declined but his tendency to 'fuck up' has certainly increased, i.e all that shielding of the ball near his own box which gets him intro trouble. Surely Lucho could have a word and sort that out though.

JamDav1982

He hasn't declined but his tendency to 'fuck up' has certainly increased, i.e all that shielding of the ball near his own box which gets him intro trouble. Surely Lucho could have a word and sort that out though.

I would guess that is about the changing style and not always having 3/4 players within 10/15 yds for the quick pass.

Busquets will learn and adapt though. To me he is on of the most intelligent footballers I have ever seen.

Zangash

Banned
I would guess that is about the changing style and not always having 3/4 players within 10/15 yds for the quick pass.

Busquets will learn and adapt though. To me he is on of the most intelligent footballers I have ever seen.

I feel like hell has frozen over on a day when I can say I, with absolute certainty, agree with what you're saying. Busquets isn't declining. That's ridiculous.

Everyone jumping on his back every time he's not MotM has more to do with everyone's giant crush on Mascherano than it does with Busquets. Go back a couple months when the team had no identity whatsoever and people were talking nonstop about how much he sucks and that Mascherano should be our starting DM :lol:

F

Flavia

I think he's earning he same as Iniesta now. The net salary of 15m is around 7m in Spain, if I'm not mistaken.

barcanuck

Rafael Hernández‏@RafaelH117 = I probably tweeted this before, but Ariedo Braida was specifically signed to bring Pogba to Barcelona.

Intresting to think that if we get Pogba will we actually play 2 DM for good?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Rafael Hernández‏@RafaelH117 = I probably tweeted this before, but Ariedo Braida was specifically signed to bring Pogba to Barcelona.

Intresting to think that if we get Pogba will we actually play 2 DM for good?

Uh? Are you implying Pogba is a DM?

FC B

It means all our old midfield players are adapting. I wonder why it didn't took for them that much under Pep to adapt :lol:

Home of Barca Fans