Sergio Busquets

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah but look above how he is our most important player because he creates space against Levante!

Truth be told, our entire midfield went missing.

ShandyFFM

Sergio got it right when he said "We didn't feel comfortable on the pitch." It really looked like this. They had trouble to control and pass the ball in a normal way. Was it the crowd or the pitch or just a bad day ?. I really would like to know

Grimwig

atletico's pressing caused this imo.

to quote something I wrote at another forum about this tactic:
pep tactics would have overcome this atletico pressing. atletico are doing the same thing Bayern did, intense pressing, pressing the width and pockets barca have, and outnumbering barca in attack and defence. count the number of players atletico have during defence. I counted all 10 atletico players defending actively at one point.

that's the same workrate Bayern used to dominate barca.

pep's tactics revolved partially on the predicition of this tactic being used against him, so thats why pep always had a highly defensive tiki-tika, to wear down opposition presses by making them redundant within the barca zone, also this effectively stretched the opposition pressure, alleviating the intensity of pressure in offensive zones.

Tata (martino) is more pseudo tito then pep with his tactics. he's reintroduced pressing, but he hasn't used the tactical alignment and foresight of pep, he hasn't equipped the neutralizing effects of defensive possession, and barca are struggling to create chances by attacking straight into the crescent of a wave of atletico defenders.

when neymar subbed on two things happened.

1) his movement and energy made barca's rhythym far more fluid and dynamic. barca also look much more comfortable in possession, and at last started to have some patience on the ball

2) atletico seemed to lose focus as their greatest threat in messi was off and they didn't have the same inspiration for the intensity they had prior.

the most suprisiing thing to me about barca since pep left is their lack of patience, no more possession until an opening is available, it's all forward bravado with little regard to tactical match up. barca can be easily dominated if they don't focus and naively attack on the assumption of their prowess. when teams outnumber barca in attack and defense, it's difficult for ANYONE to have a stable team and rhythym.

ebieymjunior

16 - Sergio Busquets

1) his movement and energy made barca's rhythym far more fluid and dynamic. barca also look much more comfortable in possession, and at last started to have some patience on the ball

2) atletico seemed to lose focus as their greatest threat in messi was off and they didn't have the same inspiration for the intensity they had prior.

the most suprisiing thing to me about barca since pep left is their lack of patience, no more possession until an opening is available, it's all forward bravado with little regard to tactical match up. barca can be easily dominated if they don't focus and naively attack on the assumption of their prowess. when teams outnumber barca in attack and defense, it's difficult for ANYONE to have a stable team and rhythym.

The only problem is that Atletico outclassed them in pressing, especially after the first goal. They need to keep possession at the maximum, cause they tend to panic once they're behind.

Darko

the most suprisiing thing to me about barca since pep left is their lack of patience, no more possession until an opening is available, it's all forward bravado with little regard to tactical match up
. barca can be easily dominated if they don't focus and naively attack on the assumption of their prowess. when teams outnumber barca in attack and defense, it's difficult for ANYONE to have a stable team and rhythym.

This!
I dont like that Tata is going for a mixture of direct and slow buildup,because with the players we have,the defense we have,slow buildup is the only way to go,we cant win long balls(Pique to Pedro like 10 times in the 1st half,wtf),and if we try going for a trough ball/direct attack without it being 100% clear opening we end up losing the ball mostly and having to defend with small and physically unimpressive players or we give the opponent a chance to counter.

Truthist

Was lucky to stay on the pitch but at least he got his foot in. We can't have Xavi playing alongside him who offers him no help whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

CatalinR10

Official: Sergio Busquets will tomorrow sign his contract renewal until 2018, plus an optional extra season, buyout clause stays 150M

F

Flavia

2013-08-27_RENOVACION_BUSQUETS_16.v1377605624.JPG

2013-08-27_RENOVACION_BUSQUETS_06-Optimized.v1377606000.JPG

2013-08-27_RENOVACION_BUSQUETS_09-Optimized.v1377606006.JPG

2013-08-27_RENOVACION_BUSQUETS_24-Optimized.v1377606026.JPG

Signed his extension :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans