Sergio Busquets

JamDav1982

Well it'd be far too early to write him off after a couple of games, the guy is a defensive beast, although Barcelona would miss Busquets height (although it's not as if he's a good header of the ball anyway) he'd soon adapt after a run of games, underrated passer of the ball too.

Well he did not quite look on the same wave length as the other Barcelona midfielders when he did play there, and it was more than just a couple of games.

89Norcal

Less we forget, Barcelona have IMO the best DM in the world at cb so he's for sure not irreplaceable, however he suits Barcelona's system very well for keeping the ball & doing the simple things. 100m isn't realistic anyways, it'd be more round the 30 mark if there was an offer, i wouldn't let him go that easily though.

Mascherano was great at Liverpool, not so much with us because his duties were simply breaking up play and being an enforcer as Pool play very differently from us; he himself admitted that. Sergi is the best in the world for BARCA and would probably flop at some other clubs because of his style.

That's why I was slightly annoyed when we bought Mascherano and then Song, and almost fell out of my chair when I saw Mascherano's buy-out clause in July. Neither of them would ever usurp Sergi unless he had a poor run of form or major injury, but it's still not worth keeping a great (and very expensive) player on the bench in the event our CB's are healthy. Song has some ability to move forward like Yaya Toure did but obviously isn't as skilled. But with Jordi Alba we have another skilled and fast player moving forward with Alves.

With the state our backline is in, I hope we avoid pushing too many men forward :)

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
yaya toure :D

Yaya played less minutes than Keita under Guardiola. It's funny how people remember Yaya as some sort of Juggernaut. But I guess that's what happens with highlight players like Yaya Toure who makes a spectacular run like a human train once or twice in a game (and every 20 or 25 games it pays off and results in a spectacular goal) and then needs 10 minutes to recover and grasp for air in which he remains a passenger. The Dortmund players were running rings around him. That match particularly highlighted Yaya's main weakness since all Dortmund players (bar the goalkeeper) usually run more than 12 km and Yaya can't cope with that. Because of his physical stature alone, if nothing else.

UberNjufer

Yaya played less minutes than Keita under Guardiola. It's funny how people remember Yaya as some sort of Juggernaut. But I guess that's what happens with highlight players like Yaya Toure who makes a spectacular run like a human train once or twice in a game (and every 20 or 25 games it pays off and results in a spectacular goal) and then needs 10 minutes to recover and grasp for air in which he remains a passenger. The Dortmund players were running rings around him. That match particularly highlighted Yaya's main weakness since all Dortmund players (bar the goalkeeper) usually run more than 12 km and Yaya can't cope with that. Because of his physical stature alone, if nothing else.
i remember pretty well his time here and i dont need you to tell me how it was.I'm not sure what you were watching but in my eyes he was better than busquets and it certainly wasnt his fault for not playing..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Come, not this Yaya shit again! He's been gone for three years now, Busquets is doing just fine (to put it mildly) and people are still whining?

UberNjufer

Come, not this Yaya shit again! He's been gone for three years now, Busquets is doing just fine (to put it mildly) and people are still whining?
do you even read what's been written?what whining are you talking about,please read the fucking posts then start complaining.Some of you are really frustrating and irritating,jumping on every single word.

PP10822

Haha, yeah.

Besides, £25mill won't land him as he's worth £37mill according to transfermarkt.
His buyout clause is 150 million euro. Javi Martinez, who can't get a game for Spain because of Busi, went for 40 million Euro so I reckon at least 60 million Euro (£50 million) for Barcelona to consider it. £25 million is a pathetic offer. :busquets:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Looked very calm as a center back. Wonder why Tito didn't use him there before instead of Song.

I was thinking the same too... While Busi is not the perfect CB, I think we can agree that he is way better than Song Billong, and considering the african is doing well at DM it seems like a no brainer...

Home of Barca Fans