Sergio Busquets

Pitbull2k4

Not a lot of people notice him, which is a shame. He's an amazing player though. When you look at barca's midfield they have a player at every end of the spectrum. All of them have excellent control and almost never lose balls, Iniesta has the most forward runs, Xavi distributive passes and Sergio does an excellent job controlling the midfield defensively and linking up to the attack. Also notice when things get hectic he takes the ball and runs around with it for a bit, waste a few seconds to let everyone cool down, then pass and resume play.

His job is not flashy, he's like the silent engine driving on Barca. You can actually see him improve as well every few games, scary to think what he'll be like in a few years.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Don't know whether some of you remember, but loads of people were claiming back in 2008/2009 season that the only reason Busi got to the first team was due to his father.... how happy I am to see those eat their humble pie atm :D

Caps

Busquets is an underrated player- and as a player a love him. His on the pitch personality leaves a lot to be desired though. He's dirty. There I said it. Simulation, diving etc ie cheating. Wish he'd tone it down a bit. Both him and Alves. However, he's a great freakin player adn deserves more credit.

poncirus

Nonsense. He's very level headed and calm player. He goes down a lot because he's great at keeping the ball and drawing fouls. It's all because of that peeking incident, stupid media fabricating absolutely false crap. Fact is, most players would do what he did in that situation (exaggerated after a dirty move by Motta) but most of them wouldn't be so naive to peek. It was very childish.

Some of our players who have image of saints are worse at fairplay than Busquets (Iniesta dives more, Xavi is often harassing referees, Messi actually has some bad attitude...) Not to mention Alves who is a real little twat...

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Not a lot of people notice him, which is a shame. He's an amazing player though. When you look at barca's midfield they have a player at every end of the spectrum. All of them have excellent control and almost never lose balls, Iniesta has the most forward runs, Xavi distributive passes and Sergio does an excellent job controlling the midfield defensively and linking up to the attack. Also notice when things get hectic he takes the ball and runs around with it for a bit, waste a few seconds to let everyone cool down, then pass and resume play.

His job is not flashy, he's like the silent engine driving on Barca. You can actually see him improve as well every few games, scary to think what he'll be like in a few years.
While I will say that his personality doesn't make you notice him, his football has gained him the notoriety he deserves and I think your statement about him being unnoticed is a bit outdated imo. I think he actually is getting the notice these days because he is literally everywhere on the pitch making a difference.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Nonsense. He's very level headed and calm player. He goes down a lot because he's great at keeping the ball and drawing fouls. It's all because of that peeking incident, stupid media fabricating absolutely false crap. Fact is, most players would do what he did in that situation (exaggerated after a dirty move by Motta) but most of them wouldn't be so naive to peek. It was very childish.

Some of our players who have image of saints are worse at fairplay than Busquets (Iniesta dives more, Xavi is often harassing referees, Messi actually has some bad attitude...) Not to mention Alves who is a real little twat...

what!?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Well, Iniesta does dive occasionally.

Xavi is a control freak and dislikes it when referees get it wrong.

Surely I don't need to explain why people may dislike Alves...

99% of players (not just in Barcelona, but every team) will do anything they can to gain an advantage for their team. It's nothing noteworthy.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Don't know whether some of you remember, but loads of people were claiming back in 2008/2009 season that the only reason Busi got to the first team was due to his father.... how happy I am to see those eat their humble pie atm :D

brother most of this forum was all over him, cussing him for everything and INSISTING to the high heavens that Yaya was a much better player and Busi only got in because he was a canterano/he was friends with Pep/his dad played for the club/Pep was racist against Yaya/etc. etc. etc. all ludicrous attempts to avoid the simple fact that their hero, Yaya Touré, didn't have game like Tony Reali's goofy-lookin' brother.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Nailed it... but Xavi is one of the captains, so he obviously needs to do that work. you know to keep the refs in check

Home of Barca Fans