Sergi Samper

khaled_a_d

Great news then he'll be a starter during the whole season. We don't care if their side is good or not, as long as he plays.

Playing time isn't the only factor in developing players.He need to be in a system that resembles ours to some extent,and he also need to be in a competitive environment.
Gijon is playing with an Anti-football style and they are one of the worst teams in Liga. I won't loan anyone there if there is better offers even with less playing time.

Antimadridista1

Playing time isn't the only factor in developing players.He need to be in a system that resembles ours to some extent,and he also need to be in a competitive environment.
Gijon is playing with an Anti-football style and they are one of the worst teams in Liga. I won't loan anyone there if there is better offers even with less playing time.

You ask a bit too much in my opinion. It's hard to find a top/good club in la Liga who can guarantee a starting place to a 20yo defensive midfielder.

Which system is like ours to some extent in la Liga ? There was Vallecano, can't think of any other team playing possession type of football.

We saw what happened when we loaned Deulofeu and Denis Suarez to Sevilla, they were substitutes or in Deulofeu's case not even on the bench for 6 months.

Let's face it, we can only loan some of ours young players (Munir, Samper) with the hope of watching'em having playing time to the following teams : Alaves, Deportivo La Coruna, Granada, Leganes,Las Palmas, Osasuna, Betis and Gijon.

The rest : Bilbao, Atletico, Real Madrid, Vigo, Sevilla, Valencia, Sociedad, Villareal, Malaga all have packed squads and particularly in midfield

Last edited:

El Flaco

Which system is like ours to some extent in la Liga ? There was Vallecano, can't think of any other team playing possession type of football.

Perhaps Granada would be an alternative for Samper.

Paco Jémez will probably introduce possession type of football like he did at Rayo.

Last edited:

God Serena

Paco Jemez has gone to Granada?

Oh lord what a nightmare that will be. Both on Fifa and in real life, Granada are a pain...

khaled_a_d

You ask a bit too much in my opinion. It's hard to find a top/good club in la Liga who can guarantee a starting place to a 20yo defensive midfielder.

We saw what happened when we loaned Deulofeu and Denis Suarez to Sevilla, they were substitutes or in Deulofeu's case not even on the bench for 6 months.

Let's face it, we can only loan some of ours young players (Munir, Samper) with the hope of watching'em having playing time to the following teams : Alaves, Deportivo La Coruna, Granada, Leganes,Las Palmas, Osasuna, Betis and Gijon.

The rest : Bilbao, Atletico, Real Madrid, Vigo, Sevilla, Valencia, Sociedad, Villareal, Malaga all have packed squads and particularly in midfield

I am not asking for anything other than sorting our priorities right.
I think there are 3 factors we should consider
-playing time
-Fit of the team
-being at least competitive.

You seem interested in only one factor.for me I can accept a compromise between all 3 rather than ignore 2 totally
And tbh,I hated Gijon last year and really hoped to see the relegated so that Liga can get rid of them. So yes I would hate to see another prospect from us playing there.

For example I would prefer a team that plays more attacking football like Las Palmas if Samper can start their in 15-19 games along playing 10 others over Gijon even if he starts 38 games their.
Granada is also very good option as El Flaco suggested

hamedsr

One of the most important elements in successful soccer performance is the level of self-confidence. And Samper problem is just lack of confidence. He needs more playing time to improve his confidence.
I think he would be a fit player for barca in the future, if he get more time to play ...

And maybe a loan move in this situation, is best option for him and barca!

Wick

Still have hopes for him, but he needs to go out on loan for a couple years. I know we like to talk about Spanish clubs as likely destinations, and for good reason. But if we were to look beyond Spanish borders, which league and clubs would suit him? Italy, England or Germany? Some people have mentioned his physique as something that needs improvement. Would certainly get that in England, but I don't watch the Premier League enough to pick a team for Samper there.

Home of Barca Fans