Samuel Umtiti

God Serena

Everyone's allowed to have 2-3 under par/bad games which he's had the last couple of weeks.

Cracks starting to appear, Bartra vibes. Come on.

If you expect a player to not have any flaws and not have any under-par-bad games in a season then you've got expectations no one can fulfill. At the end of the day, he is still new to the team and 23 years old. And he's shown himself to be smart enough to adapt and learn.

It's not that I'm not expecting him to have any flaws, it's that his flaws are so apparent that it could take him some time to fix them, and we're very soon going to need him to be a starter, as Masche ages. Will he be ready to make that step up this summer, or the next? I hope so, but I'm not sure. Hence, the Bartra vibes.

khaled_a_d

I have to agree a little bit with [MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] at this one tbf
Umtiti is mistake prone more than most Barca fans willing to admit,he is for sure gr8 addition but calling him one of the best CBs in the world or how he should replace Mascherano now is pure overrating for me,he isn't their yet and he does a lot of silly fouls and positioning mistakes for a Barca starting CB IMHO,he is still young for a player in that position and unlike Bartra he is more athletic,quicker and stronger so the potential is way higher and his problems are the ones who are fixed by age and experience unlike Bartra.
And let's not give him a slack for the goal because it was Gomes mistake,Sociedad player took his time and the whole defense was in position and ready for the attack except him.

Total-Football

I think age is not a factor in modern football anymore. Fabregas at 19 years of age was one of the best midfielders i have ever seen, the more he got older, the more he got worse. So aging is not necessarily a synonym of improvement

Last edited:

God Serena

I think age is not a factor in modern football anymore. Fabregas at 19 years of age was one of the best midfielders i have ever seen, the more he got older, the more he got worse. So aging is not necessarily a synonym of improvement

With age comes experience. I think being a POS like Cesc has an alternate effect.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Obviously, but in most cases footballers become better with age due to gaining experience and rooting out the various flaws in their game.

And Cesc got worse because of all the different injuries he sustained leading to a substantial loss in agility. He was a far more agile midfielder at 19 than at 25 and that made a huge difference. At least consider all the different variables.

snowy

I have to agree a little bit with [MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] at this one tbf
Umtiti is mistake prone more than most Barca fans willing to admit,he is for sure gr8 addition but calling him one of the best CBs in the world or how he should replace Mascherano now is pure overrating for me,he isn't their yet and he does a lot of silly fouls and positioning mistakes for a Barca starting CB IMHO,he is still young for a player in that position and unlike Bartra he is more athletic,quicker and stronger so the potential is way higher and his problems are the ones who are fixed by age and experience unlike Bartra.
And let's not give him a slack for the goal because it was Gomes mistake,Sociedad player took his time and the whole defense was in position and ready for the attack except him.

yup agree with all that. Big Uhm had some great contributions and I had him for 3rd MOtM in the first 25 mn or so. If I remember correctly, he kinda bumped innocently into a defender who then lost the ball and that led to the 1st goal. Made some excellent and interceptions. And then, he fails that silly back pass to Casper which leads to a corner and then the 1st goal. Or was it a near goal? Don't remember anymore.

Gomes dozed off on that ball letting it get passed him. His no-look heel-flick to Arda was sweet though.

Vidal, not his best DFENS game as he almost caused a goal but his excellently consistent with his crosses!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Elegant does describe Abi perfectly!
hayet.jpg

There should be a reason why he scored with such a beauty

They look like models :wub:

Home of Barca Fans