Samuel Umtiti

Andresito

Staff member
Offer him to Saudi. They're buying Partey for 40m, Mendy + Ziyech + Koulibaly for like 50m. Surely can get a few m's for big Sam as well.

jamrock

I like you, but you're starting to piss me the fuck off.

Accept the termination & go to S.A, at this point he's just being deliberately difficult.

I like you, but you're starting to piss me the fuck off.

Accept the termination & go to S.A, at this point he's just being deliberately difficult.
Dude doesn't read posts on this forum...

According to sports daily Sport, Barca want to terminate Samuel Umtiti’s contract as soon as possible. The Blaugrana are not sensitive to the sporting progress of their defender, nor to the possibility of recovering a few cents in a transfer. Always on the limit regarding their finances and payroll, Barça prefers to free themselves from the player’s contract and save their important salary. Umtiti is engaged until 2026 with Barcelona and receives 20 million euros net per year!

At 29 and without an immediate sporting future at Barça, Samuel Umtiti could easily accept this outcome, even if he would necessarily give up on a large part of his salary. This would allow him to sign wherever he wants this summer and especially at OL, his training club where his friends Alexandre Lacazette and Corentin Tolisso play. John Textor can have a smile if this is confirmed, he can then calmly conduct negotiations with the player for a possible summer transfer.

Porque

It is reported by Marca too. Cannot be true.

Would mean that Laportamany signed one of those contracts that they lambasted Bartomeu for signing with talent. A short term fix to a long term problem.

But one thing is clear, Umtiti has been a parasite for this club since 2019.

badgerbhoy67

Dude doesn't read posts on this forum...

According to sports daily Sport, Barca want to terminate Samuel Umtiti’s contract as soon as possible. The Blaugrana are not sensitive to the sporting progress of their defender, nor to the possibility of recovering a few cents in a transfer. Always on the limit regarding their finances and payroll, Barça prefers to free themselves from the player’s contract and save their important salary. Umtiti is engaged until 2026 with Barcelona and receives 20 million euros net per year!

At 29 and without an immediate sporting future at Barça, Samuel Umtiti could easily accept this outcome, even if he would necessarily give up on a large part of his salary. This would allow him to sign wherever he wants this summer and especially at OL, his training club where his friends Alexandre Lacazette and Corentin Tolisso play. John Textor can have a smile if this is confirmed, he can then calmly conduct negotiations with the player for a possible summer transfer.

This must be bollocks. Didn't he sign a new deal a couple of years ago, where he would get a lower salary but a longer contract?

Porque

If he now goes to Saudi and we couldn't even arrange a transfer there, means we won't make a good sale all summer.

Clubs will know were broke and have no leverage.

khaled_a_d

If he now goes to Saudi and we couldn't even arrange a transfer there, means we won't make a good sale all summer.

Clubs will know were broke and have no leverage.
Clubs knew we are broke and had no leverage when we sold Coutinho for 20M, Griezmann for 25M etc.
Umtiti was dead money for 5 years. He isn't even a desirable player.
Other than Neves (Mendes) and Chelsea players' (they are partners with Boehly) Saudi had low balled clubs. Even Brozovic sale is stalled as they don't want to pay Inter much.
I mean Real Madrid just did the same with Hazard.

Home of Barca Fans