Samuel Umtiti

M3ls

@_AdrianSnchz
: "Some players of the Cornell? squad told me personally that Umtiti was very good in that friendly match. Lenglet looked like my grandpa out there. Umtiti was fast, agile and correct with all the passes."

Messigician

Give him a chance for pity's sake

Umtiti: "Yes, I cried after talking to the president. I love Barca. I don't see myself anywhere else. I'm better physically today than when I arrived, and I want to demonstrate it."

ronniecro

i'd say gtfo with that sob story but this club has showed countless times in recent times that it has no backbone so he will probably be offered extension and place in first team

FinBarcelonafan

He said in an interview he consulted 3-4 different doctors about his knee(after WC), but they said there's a good chance he would never play football again, so he never took the surgery.

My question is, is he really playing football now? and on what level?

Is he ever going to be happy playing "this" level football? I doubt it.

I personally think it's worth the risk. He will never play at the top again if he doesn't take the surgery.

Now he will just fade way into nothing.

behindbrowneyes

I hope he has one of those reported Barto contracts with easy achieveable, high bonuses and a lower fixed sum. He won't even receive the easy ones, as he never plays.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Umtiti: "Asking Koeman for an opportunity? I can't ask for anything, because the coach makes the decisions and I have to accept them. I must train and show that I am okay. I will not ask it. I think it should not be done. I must prove it on the field."

Umtiti: "We can train every day but I lack the rhythm of matches. Rhythm, rhythm, I hope I get it."

Umtiti: "Spoke to Koeman during pre-season? Yes, yes, because I came home from vacation with great enthusiasm and I looked good and I wanted to know how the coach saw me in training."

Umtiti: "I don't see myself playing for another club, no, impossible. Right now I have it very clear. I want to show that I have the level to play here. The most important thing is to get back and show everyone that Samu is okay."

Umtiti: "Nobody knows what I've done and what I do. The workouts I do, the double sessions... I'm a worker. Football is my life, Bar?a is my life. When I don't speak, people think that I do nothing, that I'm on the couch all day, but at home I work, I train every day."

Umtiti: "Whistles in pre-season? It hurt me a lot, honestly. I never thought this could happen to me at this club because I love it, I love this club. I do everything, everything, to be okay. I have had hard times due to injuries but in the end I do my job."

Umtiti: "I will give everything for this club, as I have tried to do from day one."

Umtiit: "I could be at my best level ever right now, yes. The only thing I lack is the rhythm of games."

Umtiti: "Better than when I signed? Yes, sure. I've changed everything... The workouts, my diet. I'm stronger and faster than before."

Umtiti: "There are many centre-backs, you have to fight to play. You can understand the competition, I like it. I will have to work more than my teammates. I don't care, I like it."

Umtiti: "Consider leaving in January? The most important thing now is to play here because it is my club, I love this club. I want to succeed here, play, win with my teammates, with the team. I see myself here, I'm waiting for that moment to play."

Umtiti: "Offers from other clubs? I had, but no, I didn't see myself anywhere else."

Umtiti: "Refusing surgery? I visited 3 or 4 doctors who told me that I did not have to do surgery, that it was a big risk. It was my decision and it had to be made. My career would be at stake. I made the decision not to have surgery because there was a risk with the cartilage."

Umtiti: "I'm convinced that I'll fulfil my contract."

Umtiti: "Ever needed psychological support? No, but there's been tough times mentally."

Umtiti: "Laporta told me: 'Samu, if you're okay you have to show it and then you might have opportunities.'"

Home of Barca Fans