Samuel Umtiti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
All this because the retards in charge of our negotiations signed a player from Lyon, giving him the chance of his life, and gave him a 60m buyout clause in his contract. Fucking ridiculous. I understand agreeing to certain terms with superstar players who want some leverage, but Umtiti was no superstar then.

No low buyout, no contract extension and Umtiti likely stays on low wages and would have been gone.

CatalinR10

Lool @ thinking this guy actually cares about playing football these days. Of course he's gonna say things like those , what else could he say ? That he doesn't want to go anywhere because he loves the city and is getting paid milions to do nothing but be around the team , stay on the bench / stands and then post his pics on instagram.

CatalinR10

All this because the retards in charge of our negotiations signed a player from Lyon, giving him the chance of his life, and gave him a 60m buyout clause in his contract. Fucking ridiculous. I understand agreeing to certain terms with superstar players who want some leverage, but Umtiti was no superstar then.

No low buyout, no contract extension and Umtiti likely stays on low wages and would have been gone.

tbf he looked at some point like a top3 CB in the world , before he fucked up his knee. Guy was trully world class.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
tbf he looked at some point like a top3 CB in the world , before he fucked up his knee. Guy was trully world class.

Yes, but he wasn't one when we signed him. Why would you sign a player and give him such a low buyout clause? If he becomes really good he has all the leverage in any contract negotiations. That's what screwed us over.

khaled_a_d

60M buyout + 4 year deal.
Had it been 120M and 5 year deal, we would have been negotiating extension in 2019 rather than 2018.
In such case we would have known about his knees in advance

Devils

Imagine this:

-You get a job in one of the greatest most beautiful cities on Earth
-You get paid millions per year
-You get to live in mansions, drive exotic cars, experience the tropical climate right next to the Mediterranean sea
-You barely have to work and can enjoy all of this without much effort or pressure required from your employer

Of course he's not gonna leave. Who would lmao? I'd be parking my ass in Barcelona too and pointing to the contract that I have with the club.

Nothing but respect to these players who take advantage of this disastrous club and moronic management. I would too if I were them.

soul24rage

Imagine this:

-You get a job in one of the greatest most beautiful cities on Earth
-You get paid millions per year
-You get to live in mansions, drive exotic cars, experience the tropical climate right next to the Mediterranean sea
-You barely have to work and can enjoy all of this without much effort or pressure required from your employer

Of course he's not gonna leave. Who would lmao? I'd be parking my ass in Barcelona too and pointing to the contract that I have with the club.

Nothing but respect to these players who take advantage of this disastrous club. I would too if I were in their shoes.

If you don't have any sporting ambitions, I would do the same as Umtiti tbh with you too

Devils

If you don't have any sporting ambitions, I would do the same as Umtiti tbh with you too

He's already won everything there is to win (minus a CL title). He's also a world cup winner who knows his days with the national team and top team are over with because of his knee.

It doesn't make sense for him to pursue sporting ambitions because he's already at the highest point that he will reach for the remainder of his career. That is earning a huge salary, barely playing and enjoying life in Barcelona.

Porque

How do we know that?
This is a popular assumption, but it isn't a medical fact. It might be the opposite for what we know.

The last 3 players whom dealt with Cugat (who we were connected to) went for surgery again with other surgeons, I wonder how people are confident that surgery would have saved Umtiti, when every other doctor he went outside the club recommended conservative treatment?

And even if true, he didn't do it to preserve cartilage for his long term health, we have no right to force him to undergo a certain medical surgery for our own interest.

Such case will be lost quicker than our CL hopes in modern era.

NBA says hello.

Thats fair. Our medical staff record might stand against our claim.

Well it seems at this stage our hands are tied. 2 years on his contract means if Umtiti doesn't want to move that we might have to wait till next year to move him.

Just a disaster scenario all around with these inflated wages.

I imagine a number of the players (Pjanic, Roberto, Umtiti, Puig even Matheus) are awaiting clarity on the new manager before deciding their future.

I bet Umtiti, Puig and Roberto would refuse to leave and want to prove themselves if there is a managerial change- the usual disillusioned tripe. Pjanic and Matheus will be easier to force out.

Xaviniesta

Lool @ thinking this guy actually cares about playing football these days. Of course he's gonna say things like those , what else could he say ? That he doesn't want to go anywhere because he loves the city and is getting paid milions to do nothing but be around the team , stay on the bench / stands and then post his pics on instagram.

you can tell umtiti puts more effort on his instagram posts than he does on the pitch. part-time footballer, full-time instagram fashonista

Barcilliant

Players like Umtiti are being protected by Covid.
No fans in the stadium means the players can blissfully and shamelessly ignore their shitty performance and not get called out.
If the fans were there abusing them week in week out these idiots would actually contemplate leaving.

FC433

Players like Umtiti are being protected by Covid.
No fans in the stadium means the players can blissfully and shamelessly ignore their shitty performance and not get called out.
If the fans were there abusing them week in week out these idiots would actually contemplate leaving.
Abusing is never okay. He has a contract and the club must respect that. We made a mistake, and we need to learn from that.

Daisymorr

Guy is on crazy wages, cant see him being sold as nobody will pay his wages.

Stuck with him till the contract runs out.

Home of Barca Fans