Samuel Umtiti

gregorrin10

Allow me to clarify why I called it pathetic

You may think what you want but first and foremost I trust my gut feeling and my gut feeling is the same when as those times when we were singing Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Song, Vermaelen, Ibrahimovic and a few others. Why do I get this feeling? Well, it may be due to the fact that I question his talent, I question his ability to fit in, I question his price, I question the way make transfers in general. We have no place for Cuadrados, Benatias and Umtitis, that's for sure. A young player who is playing great is Laporte. Umtiti is the same as Mangala, Zouma, etc. NOT good enough for Barca. But wait! there's more! I'm even against signing Marquinhos but at least he has a chance of making it at Barca. I just hope that if Umtiti fails (which he most probably will) our board will not force our coaches to play him so that they won't be embarrassed for making another idiotic transfer. I remember cursing those days when we played Fabregas when he absolutely shouldn't have played. I remember how people here wanted Cuadrado, Danilo, Benatia. Now it's the same for Umtiti. I'd rather have kept Bartra. and just what have you seen or heard about Umtiti that makes him such a prospect? youtube compilations? lyon games? yeah right. The mere fact that I hadn't heard of him before Barca showed interest is already alarming and that speaks for itself. I dont have anything against Umtiti but he's just not barca material. I'd pick Gimenez, Laporte, Marquinhos, Mustafi (not as young but still falls under the same category), Romagnoli, Stones over Umtiti and all of you would too, yet you somehow think that this is a good signing?!?! absolutely freaking not,especially for that price. I'd be slightly happier even with Sule or Rugani because at least I've heard about them, but this man?? no no and no! for the sake of Barca I hope he proves me wrong, I really hope, but I have a terrible feeling about this. So yeah basically my opinion is based on a gut feeling because even top or world class players find it difficult for Barca so you can't really judge by yesterday's experience as it won't matter tomorrow as he'll be a different player when playing for Barca. I hope I didn't sound aggressive or offending, it's just my personal opinion.

So just because you haven't heard of a player, who was by the way the 2nd best CB in Ligue 1 this season, included in the Team of the Year alongside Thiago freaking Silva, he's shit? Wow, the arrogance :lol:

And it's not just this season, he's been bossing it in the Lyon team for 3 years now. I for one, still remember that stunner he scored in Whirt Hart Lane back in 2013, when he was still playing LB, i think. I watched that EL match live and he stood out even then (when he was only 19). Not just because of his goal (but it did help obviously), but for his defense awareness and aerial play as well. Please don't judge players quality based on your obviously flawed knowledge. You may not know who he is, but that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. And it certainly doesn't say squat about his (un)quality.:cheers:

Last edited:

Devils

Never really seen the guy play at all but he has 167 freaking caps for Lyon at the age of 22, which i can only assume is a good thing.

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20160615-005333_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_15.jpg

[tw]742860952425648129[/tw]

xXKonan

[tw]742937648201928704[/tw]

Fernando Polo confirming we are going to sign him.

He's one of MD's most reliable journalists.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Playing a CB for Barca is way different than playing at any other club. More have failed than succeeded in it.

Joe598

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Playing a CB for Barca is way different than playing at any other club. More have failed than succeeded in it.

Point taken but he does look the real deal. Great potential and already experienced, with the right type of playing style for us. I don't expect him to take Maschs spot this season but he should overtake Matnieu as the 3rd choice over the course of the season. It's very important not to put too much pressure and expect too much of the new signings, especially since they are still young and learning.

Professor Chaos

Let me get this straight. I don't think he will overtake Mascherano place in the first season. 16/17 he'll be learning how to play in Barca defence. 2nd season will be crucial for him and if everything goes as expected he might be our 2nd choice after Pique.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
He's fast and good in the air. If Masche, Pique and Busi give him a good scholing about positioning than he'll be a great player. Not saying his positioning isn't decent already, but in Barca it's probably a lot harder to be in the right place.

Home of Barca Fans