Samuel Umtiti

anguy

I don't like the fact he should be also our backup LB. It only makes sense financially, our LBs need to be more offensive in current system, the days when someone like Abidal was able to play there are long gone. We need offensive LB, like Alba. When he was out our game suffered. I don't think Umtiti would be much better on LB than Mathieu.

xXKonan

Like I said some pages back while besides the fact Umtiti and Abidal both play CB/LB and both played for Lyon, their play style is nothing a like.

If we get Umtiti I would prefer for him to be a CB only and for us to get a real LB. but knowing us we would use the "Umtiti is our new Abidal! he will be play both LB and CB!" It would be like our third season in a row that we used some sort of excuse.

Adriano?-Oh don't worry guys he's still good! despite it being completely obvious he was pretty much done at the top level for us. with various injuries and just overall decline.

Mathieu-He's tall like Abidal and played LB for most of his career! he's still a great option at LB! He's not in his 20s anymore and he's completely converted into a CB and with the various ankle issues and Calf problems he can't play there much anymore like he could in the past. (Thankfully he's a great CB for us).

Umtiti is better off being used only as a CB and only that. I just don't want to go yet another summer without buying a Real LB. :facepalm:

Joe598

Barcelona met with entourage of centre back Samuel Umtiti (22) in Lyon yesterday. Deal is close. Transfer fee would be 30-33M. [le dauphine]

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Barcelona will try to finalize deal on Lyon centre back Samuel Umtiti (22) this week. Transfer fee could be around 30M. 5-year contract [md]

Just sign someone already!!

Egert

Estonian Culé
Umtiti is pretty much a done deal, no doubt about that. Only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans