Roura: "The result is excessive"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Jordi Roura's thought after 2-0 defeat vs. Milan.

roura-bench490ai.jpg

“We struggled to find depth and to reach their goal.”

“Obviously this wasn't our best game. Although we had problems I think that the result is excessive."

“They found a couple of opportunities and scored from them which now makes things tricky for us."

“We all know how difficult it is in this stadium. They have defended with everything behind the ball, very orderly. We struggled to find depth.”

The second leg at the Camp Nou is in a fortnight and Barcelona have to win by three clear goals to qualify for the quarter-final.

“The comeback will be difficult, it is two goals, but we have confidence, for our players, for our stadium. It will be a different story in the second leg. We fully believe we can turn this around.”

Garrus

I don't know weather we'll qualify or not, But if one thing i'm sure of, Is things will be berserk back at camp nou, I'm getting chills just thinking about this.

B

beautifulgame

In all honesty, I just hope the fans go crazy and creating an heart-trembling atmosphere. The rest will be fine.

F

Flavia

In all honesty, I just hope the fans go crazy and creating an heart-trembling atmosphere. The rest will be fine.
This, and also that the team play their hearts out. We can be knocked out, but at least with a honorable performance.

King Leo

Banned
Sadly I don't think will pass to the next stage. We need 3 clean goals and they gonna play even more defensively and threaten us on the counters. Milan is coming with a mindset of winners and that's gonna be hard to shake.

jairzinho

The result isn't excessive. Its football. We paid the price for the way we played. The big issue was our inability to create goalscoring chances, and its something we need to look at, from both a personnel and tactical perspective. Especially against teams that defend deep. We don't need to panic. All is not lost. But we would be naive and foolish not to put tonight's game into perspective and learn from it.

F

Flavia

Piqué: “We are FC Barcelona and we have to fight back” Ignasi Massafret
02/20/2013 23:43

After losing at the San Siro, the full back said that Barça need to improve ahead of the return leg at the Camp Nou

“We are Fútbol Club Barcelona and we have to fight back.” This was Gerard Piqué’s call to arms ahead of the return leg of the Champions League round of 16 on March 12 against Milan.

The Catalan is disappointed with the team’s performance and he noted that “we had the match under control in the first half but we didn’t play well in the second. We fell apart after they scored the opener, it was out of control. We have to improve and learn from this.”

Lastly, Piqué reiterated that Milan are a dangerous side and that his teammates never underestimated the Italian side. “It looked as though they were coming into the match as victims but we know this club, the history they have ... there are no excuses, the pitch, the referee, nothing, we have to work hard to fight back,” said Piqué.

Dani Alves

“We have to be better competitors. We didn’t play a good game, we didn’t create goalscoring chances and that’s what you have to do to win.”

“It’s not that we played terribly after the first goal. We didn’t play well in general and that’s largely due to how well our rival played. We have to improve.”

“This is a difficult result. We have to fight back, go for the [return] game and work hard.”

Andrés Iniesta

“I don’t think this game was lost because of small details, I think we lacked freshness, we didn’t create chances, and they were well organised. This is the Champions League.”

“We have to think about the return leg and make sure it turns out differently, we have to try and score from the first minute.”

Cesc Fàbregas

“We weren’t on our game physically, they were strong and it hurt us.”

“We’re Barça and we have to play at the highest level, we simply didn’t play a good match.”

Sergio Busquets:

“We’re very eager for the return leg so that we can turn this tie around.”

“It’s time to fight back. When you lose you always have to think about what went wrong and we have to prepare for the match as best we can.”

Carles Puyol

“The worst thing about it all is the result, neither side really created that many chances.”

“It’s time to mount a comeback in front of our fans.”

“They were more aggressive, we have to improve in the return leg. We have to have confidence in this team, we can’t give up. We’re going to play at home in front of our fans, we aren’t going to give up.”

sagar

If we are winning all champions league matches with all ease than it wouldn't be exciting at all......
now in the second leg if we are going through to the next round and winning the champions league than it would be a most
memorable thing....

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I honestly don't think a 2-0 or a 3-1 result @ the Camp Nou is out of the question but getting an early goal is going to be essential.

I really hope El Guaje is fit for the match to keep the Milan defense honest. They were swarming all over Messi today.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's going to be extremely difficult to get past this. Even if we win 3-1, they will win on away goals. It's going to be a near impossible job to keep a clean sheet in the current state of our defense. If any club is capable of pulling out a miracle though, it's our club.

BXI Fútbol

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the players the team seems to be getting complacent the last few weeks and on top of the consistent defensive problems it is not a good thing to fall into at this crucial point in the season. Not saying all players are of course but the discrepancy between this team at its best and how it played in Milan is apparent. Tito/Roura need some more creativity tactically in dealing with parked buses and taking the scoring weight of Messi's shoulders. When is Villa expected to be back? I hope Roura plays him as much as possible to be in form for the second leg.

raedkuwait

if we keep playing the same line up over and over again, cesc and iniesta, we will never b able to win big matches
at all

I wouldn't give up just yet. We trashed Madrid 5-0 at Camp Nou and I believe we can do that to Milan!

Tbh, I can see this happening. We're a much better side than this Milan team overall. It won't be likely though, with them being 2 goals ahead on aggregate. I can definitely see a 4-1 happening though. Especially considering that a much weaker Barca side beat a much stronger Milan side 3-1 at Camp Nou.

It's good to hear that the players are confident. That'll be needed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans