Ronald Koeman

JamDav1982

If want him to take less of a pay off dont treat him like a cunt in the summer.

They undermined him which makes any coaches job almost impossible and thought could use him as a shield for seasons failings and still make top four.

Board brought it on themselves.

KingLeo10

Not a fan of his coaching philosophy but the board basically treated him like shit for months instead of making a clean cut (that they wanted to anyway).

No wonder he wants the full money now.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION] I agree. legally, Koeman is entitled to the full amount, but seeing as he failed miserably, one would hope that he?d forego a healthy percentage of said compensation in order to help the club out during financially difficult times. I mean, that is what I?d expect of someone who supposedly loves the club as much as Koeman says he does.

Ok, but then all players and the board would also need to take the equal paycut.

It is not as if he was a horrible coach with an amazingly talented squad.
80-90% of the squad is overrated and overpaid.

serghei

Not a fan of his coaching philosophy but the board basically treated him like shit for months instead of making a clean cut (that they wanted to anyway).

No wonder he wants the full money now.

Still on Bartomeu mostly, although Laporta should've handled it better. Barto should have kept EV rather than shove Koeman down the new board's throat with a contract that was bad for the club. But he proved time and time again that he didn't care about the conditions the next board would inherit.

Koeman should have been signed with a 1 + optional 1 contract.

Although Laporta made it a mess from that point. There are better ways to handle a coach you just don't rate, especially when he's a first-rate club legend. He showed no class or diplomacy.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Still on Bartomeu mostly, although Laporta should've handled it better. Barto should have kept EV rather than shove Koeman down the new board's throat with a contract that was bad for the club. But he proved time and time again that he didn't care about the conditions the next board would inherit.

Koeman should have been signed with a 1 + optional 1 contract.

Although Laporta made it a mess from that point. There are better ways to handle a coach you just don't rate, especially when he's a first-rate club legend. He showed no class or diplomacy.

It isnt on Bartomeu how Laporta handles the situation when takes over and that is what he is being judged on.

Either back Koeman until moment sack him or sack him.

All comes across as latest example of no plan whatsoever.

serghei

It isnt on Bartomeu how Laporta handles the situation when takes over and that is what he is being judged on.

Either back Koeman until moment sack him or sack him.

All comes across as latest example of no plan whatsoever.

That's what I said. Laporta made a mess out of a bad situation he inherited. He had no plan involving Koeman until he was bad for everybody. Should have sacked him in the summer, as he himself admitted to the mistake of not doing so.

JamDav1982

That's what I said. Laporta made a mess out of a bad situation he inherited. He had no plan involving Koeman until he was bad for everybody. Should have sacked him in the summer, as he himself admitted to the mistake of not doing so.

It has absolutely zero to do with Bartomeu how badly Laporta has handled the situation and arrived in role ill prepared.

He banks on that excuse far too much and it wears thin.

As said.. they are lucky Xavi even accepted the role now and when he too had more or less been told he was not first choice and not ready for it.

FinBarcelonafan

It's true Laporta fucked up things with Koeman. Just stfu if you know you don't have money to fire him.

He dropped the ball here for sure.

And off-season was awful too. We might keep you, if we can't find anyone better. I mean.. Laughable planning. Then Koeman got sour.

Home of Barca Fans