Ronald Koeman

Devils

Disaster of a president.

Zero ability to make key decisions.

Please sell this club to oil money and remove these clueless Catalans from having influence at the club I support so dearly.

Thanks!

Barcilliant

With Koeman at the helm qualifying for the Europa League will an enormous challenge. We are in ninth place. It could get even worse. There's no structure in the club. Everything is so unprofessional. Koeman has no idea who or how to play. Laporta keeps changing his mind in regards to Koeman. What a fucking mess.

kattanib

Disaster of a president.

Zero ability to make key decisions.

Please sell this club to oil money and remove these clueless Catalans from having influence at the club I support so dearly.

Thanks!

You sound like an ungrateful ignorant peasant screaming at leadership for no reason but to blame them for his misery

malvolio

With Koeman at the helm qualifying for the Europa League will an enormous challenge. We are in ninth place. It could get even worse. There's no structure in the club. Everything is so unprofessional. Koeman has no idea who or how to play. Laporta keeps changing his mind in regards to Koeman. What a fucking mess.

Next three matches are Valencia, Real Madrid, Rayo Vallecano. So 1 or 3 points at best.
We could save some face in the CL vs Kiev at home.

Not even 10 matches in and the veil has been lifted:
- board is all over the place, with no clear plan
- Koeman continues his work from last season, without Messi
- our youngsters are poor and it will be a miracle if two of them manage to be very good or world class players in the future
- our oldies are 1 year older and worse than ever, without a system to mask their limitations
- our signings are terrible

Decade of dominance incoming!

ryuken

And all the ungrateful bitches here say that Messi is the problem while he singlehandedly carry us for god know how long. Look at this season, cant even score to save their lives.

Richard.H

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] does have a point, the stubbornness of this club will probably cost the next five years. Nothing Catalunya focused/la masia focused/tiki-taka focused is working out. The leadership is clueless, la masia products are not very good (midtable LL quality at best), and who knows when this club will play crowd-pleasing football again.

iniestaGOAT

Next three matches are Valencia, Real Madrid, Rayo Vallecano. So 1 or 3 points at best.
We could save some face in the CL vs Kiev at home.

Not even 10 matches in and the veil has been lifted:
- board is all over the place, with no clear plan
- Koeman continues his work from last season, without Messi
- our youngsters are poor and it will be a miracle if two of them manage to be very good or world class players in the future
- our oldies are 1 year older and worse than ever, without a system to mask their limitations
- our signings are terrible

Decade of dominance incoming!

Lol 3 points? What are you smoking? We get more than 3 points from those games.

If you are so confident accept the ban bet.

kattanib

Here is nice song for the mister

Heees a cow man
Mo mo mo mo mommm mommm ma mo mo
Mo mo mo mo mommm mommm ma mo mo
Heees a cow man !

mc_lovin

To be fair Koeman has a point saying that injuries have sunk any real chance we had so far. I imagine we will stroll to top 4 if Fati and Dembele stay fit and are ready to go for 90 minutes, which is rather terrifying given their injury records (hopefully for Fati it was just 1 major injury).

With everyone alive and kicking I guess we will be a carbon copy of Ole's United. Never in contention and just too shit on the tactical side of things. Thankfully Laporta can't wait to pull the trigger by the looks of it compared to the Glazers.

i_bleed_blaugrana

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] does have a point, the stubbornness of this club will probably cost the next five years. Nothing Catalunya focused/la masia focused/tiki-taka focused is working out. The leadership is clueless, la masia products are not very good (midtable LL quality at best), and who knows when this club will play crowd-pleasing football again.

There has been a pretty large disconnect between the football the first team has played and the football our youngsters are brought up learning in La Masia, really since the days of Lucho arguably. Plenty of reasons for this but I just wouldnt call our recent approach La Masia or tiki-taki :) based at all. It is indicative of a general conflation within the fan base: a failure due to a cessation of general functionality with a deeper, systemic failure of the club structure and model.

I agree with you in terms of the leadership front and now we are paying the price of decisions that were made that moved us away from a successful model. This club effectively stopped functioning four years ago and the only thing that kept us a flag for so long was the fruit of our past.

I disagree with the narrative that our brand of football / club model is dead however. You cannot look at clubs like Ajax and City (them in particular when you look at their sporting directors), look at the success they are having right now and then come back and say our model is dusted. The core problem is we have simply stopped functioning in any coherent sense.

Way too harsh on La Masia, these kids really arent terrible at all. Not saying everyone recently has had that real world class potential but it has been borderline impossible to shine as a youth product for us recently unless you are a wunderkind like Ansu or Pedri and those are pretty exceptional standards.

I do agree with [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] sentiment and criticism of Laporta however. First time he has a real chance to get us moving in the right direction from a sporting direction and is shitting the bed. All the big talk at the beginning of the summer of consequences and such seems hollow now. Only thing I will say in defense of Laporta is maybe it really does come down to the financial situation and how ridiculously messy it will be to bring in a replacement right now but the writing is on the wall.

Look at Bayern. They have a clear idea top-down and a commitment to excellence; they were ruthless with Kovac and the minute he showed signs of not having the quality required, they sacked him and brought in Flick. We need a vision and we need decisiveness and the longer Koeman stays, the more I and others will lose faith in Laporta being able to provide either.

MTL_Barca

Ever since the glory days of Pep there seems to be this weird thinking at the club that there is an easy way to recreate that simply by hiring "Barca DNA" coaches and players, but there doesn't seem to be any deeper analysis in the decision process beyond having a past in the club and having some technical skills, and sometimes it even seems entirely random when it comes to recruitments.

It's almost like they took the DNA part seriously and thought there actually was something genetically that automatically makes them a good fit :lol:

Looking back it's actually incredible how many transfers were complete failures, and therefore we never even could attempt to build upon a new core. Busi and Pique get shit on 24/7, but at the end of the end it's not their fault they still start. Club failed transfer after transfer and kept worshipping the seniors.

Koeman was ok at the NT, but that was about it. All further qualification just stems from his past as a player here. And don't get me wrong it's not a bad thing, but when it's basically the only reason to hire someone it's a bad sign. Someone like Xavi at least was a midfielder in the golden era so you can expect a somewhat deeper understanding of what made that team so great in contrast to simply playing for the club years ago. Still a gamble though, but would at least make some sense.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans