Ronald Koeman

jamrock

De jong is clearly a more talented player than Keita but keita showed more grit in half a season than De jong as shown in 3, I've yet to be really impressed by him since he has been here.

He isn't a DM, He isn't a box to box, he isn't a CM, He isn't an AM.

So what does he do exactly? He needs to bring way more to the table that he has so far.

Devils

FAe851GWQAMdk5U

Pjanic really gonna dance on this man's grave when he passes.

Those Bosnians are killahs.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is just incompetent and this squad with no Messi magnifies it.

First he put Eric on same side as Nunez, so he gets destroyed and we concede early.
He then switches Eric and Araujo and we are dominating the game, creating some chances and FDJ was the most involved player.
So he takes him from midfield and put Gavi there, and we are totally screwed after it.
Didn't think for a second to fix that mistake, not once.
Our squad is bad, but even with players on his disposal we are better than Benfica

He thinks moving De Jong to CB was a good decision:

Koeman: "From minute 30 to 60 we have seen a team that has controlled, creating opportunities... Changing Frenkie's position has been important, but of course, if we don't score then I'm not right."

khaled_a_d

I know we don't see eye to eye, but if we get a manager who I trust vision-wise, which would be Xavi from the attainable names, than I will be able to convince myself. The thing is, I just don't like the managers we had. Not one is in my wheelhouse style-wise.

Not liking them is one thing, being delusional and living in a fantasy land and blaming the manager is another thing.
FDJ weakness and strength are clear, and it is absolutely wasteful to use him as sole DM, the only position that requires players to limit their vertical movements

malvolio

De jong is clearly a more talented player than Keita but keita showed more grit in half a season than De jong as shown in 3, I've yet to be really impressed by him since he has been here.

So what does he do exactly? He needs to bring way more to the table that he has so far.

Watches Ajax matches on his mobile?

mc_lovin

Why the fuck are we discussing FDJ again? He put two chances on a platter and was moved back after that (where he still looked good and secure in possession). He could have taken the shot, but he didn't waste the chance. Luuk did.

But it's painfully obvious that Koeman is out of his depth. That's all. Our squad is not great, but not 3:0 vs Benfica bad.

jamrock

I'm still trying to figure out what De jong vertical movement had actually brought to the table & impacted out performances over the last 3 years, he does a lot of movement that doesn't actually add anything to the game, he seems busy for the sake of being busy.

I know the structure of the team is lacking but a 75m euros midfield will still show is class on a more consistent basis that he has so far.

He needs to do waaaay more.

Also sack keoman by tomorrow pls.

Birdy

FDJ is one of the best md of his generation if not the best
He was the md of the year in 18/19 with Ajax above all other mds of top clubs

Saying SEydou Keita might be even remotely comparable player is revisionism at its best!!

FDJ is a box to box md and a libero. He can play multiple positions, but he will never become the sole pivot that spreads passes like Busi.
Deal with it people FFS

That's my problem with coaches or wanna-be coaches like Xavi who envision positional game.
If they EITHER play FDJ there hoping to be the new Busi OR even worse bench him for Nico or whoever else
then I have a huge problem with such a coach, and he need to not even come here to begin with

It's a crime not to utilize at its best one of the top mds in the world

serghei

Not liking them is one thing, being delusional and living in a fantasy land and blaming the manager is another thing.
FDJ weakness and strength are clear, and it is absolutely wasteful to use him as sole DM, the only position that requires players to limit their vertical movements

DM doesn't limit vertical movements in a fluid system. I think I made it clear by now. I'm for total football fluid style where players have more freedom because there is a system in place which accounts for one players' movements with positional adjustments from the other players near him. In this type of football, you can have a DM with more freedom, because either another midfielder, or a fullback will always adjust for whenever this midfielder takes risks and drives forward, so the shape remains balanced.

Of course, in a conservative static system, players keep positions with near-religious rigidity, so this movement from DM will create holes. In that system, Frenkie will indeed be limited as a DM. I'm not speaking about THAT type of football, or else I wouldn't be pushing for hiring Xavi.

I know you like more conservative styles. Not a secret to me, we followed each other for many years.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

People want to play Barca's way in 433.
Frenkie doesn't fit any position in that 433.

Imo, neither does Pedri.

Then we have wingers who can't run, fullbacks who can't defend, physically weak and slow defenders and a meh GK.

mc_lovin

I'm still trying to figure out what De jong vertical movement had actually brought to the table & impacted out performances over the last 3 years, he does a lot of movement that doesn't actually add anything to the game, he seems busy for the sake of being busy.

I know the structure of the team is lacking but a 75m euros midfield will still show is class on a more consistent basis that he has so far.

He needs to do waaaay more.

Also sack keoman by tomorrow pls.

Frenkie needs guidance, so much is clear. Someone who knows how to set up a midfield and hammer 433 into him. But he's far and away our best player at the moment.

JamDav1982

Serghie with his made up role of sole DM in a Barca team that has license to take off up the park with ball.

Will never happen and makes zero sense.

Home of Barca Fans