Ronald Koeman

Andrew M

Koeman will clean house, retake his position as Dutch NT manager next year and Xavi will come in after the elections would be my guess. wouldn't be surprised if this is the long term plan as Xavi would have a hard time throwing out his buddies

The mistake is in thinking there is a long term plan

khaled_a_d

Koeman will clean house, retake his position as Dutch NT manager next year and Xavi will come in after the elections would be my guess. wouldn't be surprised if this is the long term plan as Xavi would have a hard time throwing out his buddies

If this is the case, why Koeman wants to keep Busquets? Alba? Pique? Messi? Roberto? The only one he wants out is Suarez who had only a year beside Xavi.
Never mind, we don't know who is the next president

Sterlingfan2000

Then why he wants to keep the other amigos

serghei

I think Koeman thinks those players can still be of use, while Suarez, Vidal can't. It's his judgment as he's entitled to his opinion as a manager.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So....

ter Stegen
Semedo - Pique - Lenglet - Alba
Wijnaldum - de Jong
Dembele - Coutinho - Memphis(?)
Griezmann

Leong157

I think Koeman thinks those players can still be of use, while Suarez, Vidal can't. It's his judgment as he's entitled to his opinion as a manager.

Yes, and that is completely fine.

However, it does not go well with the story the board trying to sell is it?

Clearing the house....

While only 1 out of the Amigos leaving. Vidal and Rakitic are leaving this summer anyway even if there is no 2-8. And I don't consider them amigos.

I think people are giving Koeman too much credit.

Messi983

Starting XI vs Bayern:

MATS; Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba; Busi, FDJ, Vidal, Roberto; Messi, Suarez

Potential starting XI next season:

MATS; Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba; FDJ, Pjanić; Fati, Coutinho, Dembele/Trincao; Griezmann

So the entire midfield (besides FDJ) and attack could be changed. And there is also an option Semedo or Alba won't be unquestionable starters anymore if we (hopefully) bring some good FBs.

I don't know what people expected but this are pretty big changes for just one transfer window.

serghei

Starting XI vs Bayern:

MATS; Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba; FDJ, Pjanić; Fati, Coutinho, Dembele/Trincao; Griezmann

So the entire midfield (besides FDJ) and attack could be changed. And there is also an option Semedo or Alba won't be unquestionable starters anymore if we (hopefully) bring some good FBs.

I don't know what people expected but this are pretty big changes for just one transfer window.

Exactly.

khaled_a_d

Starting XI vs Bayern:

Griezmann was already a starter this season, hom starting again isn't a change.
That is 7 players who are sure to continue being starter.
Coutinho was also a starter during embarrassment against Liverpool. Him back isn't a positive change.

You add that to the fact we are fighting to keep Messi, then all the change is really benching Busquets and moving Suarez out. And getting upgrade over the 3rd midfielder (Arthur/Vidal/Roberto/Rakitic)
It is decent change but not really cleaning any house or even a true rebuilding attempt.

Home of Barca Fans