Ronald Koeman

malvolio

the man is shite, we knew this already. let's see if he'll wear the winter coat on that bench. but we might still have no money to fire him in december/january.

Slevinn

Best transfer we could do right now is getting a WC coach instead of this guy.
Not sure if there is one available though.

Bobo32

Best transfer we could do right now is getting a WC coach instead of this guy.
Not sure if there is one available though.

I think and have always thought that this is the wrong approach.
There aren't really "levels" to coaches, but styles, fits, opportunities and of course some skills too.
No CL-winning Barcelona coach was a "WC coach" when appointed.

jairzinho

Thought he managed the game well including the subs. We were doing well at 3-0 and could have won 3 or 4 nil easily but Emerson and ref had other ideas.

Slevinn

There aren't really "levels" to coaches, but styles, fits, opportunities and of course some skills too.
They had Messi. But yes, style is important too.

kattanib

There is style yes, but also leadership skills and IQ .. some have killer readings for their opponents game and tend to make the right subs and formation adjustments .. some ignite players and have them fight and olay with passion

behindbrowneyes

What stupid substitutions! Who waits till 70 minutes when you are leading by 3 goals you piece of shit!!

Conceding twice after the subs should be telling you why he waited "so long". 70 minutes is fine, it was the first game, there is a lot of time for regeneration as next game is only on Saturday and team needs to find some chemistry.

Bobo32

There is style yes, but also leadership skills and IQ .. some have killer readings for their opponents game and tend to make the right subs and formation adjustments .. some ignite players and have them fight and olay with passion

My point isn't that the coach isn't important, it is that his reputation beforehand isn't.
The coach is often more important to a teams performance than any player.

Porque

Well, not to deter the thread too much. But I think with Messi gone that it makes Xavi job a little easier. The veterans left are not in positions that will detract from tactical implementations.

Bobo32

Well, not to deter the thread too much. But I think with Messi gone that it makes Xavi job a little easier. The veterans left are not in positions that will detract from tactical implementations.

Yes
You have to be a very confident (and maybe dumb) coach not to realize that Messi would be a problem as well as a gift.
I am sure Xavi wouldn't have any problem to handle his former team mates professionally, but for a young coach to arrive with an old star like Messi - it's tough to implement things tactically. It is very understandable if he thought about waiting Messi out.
I think players like Busquets, Pique and Alba would be good, loyal blind allies for Xavi if they play when he arrives, I hope Xavi sees it that way too and takes his next chance when he is asked

Nazario1985

Too much reading from a first game

Xavi will not bring anything new, you can already see he is recycling the old ideas in a lesser league.

If you can't handle Big stars Like Messi/Ronaldinho/Neymar/Mbappe ... etc don't bother coaching a big club.

Home of Barca Fans