Ronald Koeman

freetocan

Like I said before, if cowman will continue it will be because he might have a clause in his contract to be paid penalty if fired before end of his contract, like Mourinho has everywhere he goes. Considering financial situation of the club, Laporta might be forced to still keep him.
If he will be fired, the actual Bayern Munchen coach Hans Dieter Flick might be an option beside Xavi. Not sure if Flick already got a new job after end of season with Bayern.

Messigician

Yes Valverde played better football and had to accommodate a aging squad.

Although he lost his final game for us vs Atletico was the best I have ever seen us play since.

mc_lovin

Like I said before, if cowman will continue it will be because he might have a clause in his contract to be paid penalty if fired before end of his contract, like Mourinho has everywhere he goes. Considering financial situation of the club, Laporta might be forced to still keep him.
If he will be fired, the actual Bayern Munchen coach Hans Dieter Flick might be an option beside Xavi. Not sure if Flick already got a new job after end of season with Bayern.

Nailed on for Germany and I am 99% sure that there are some pre contracts already signed. Otherwise you wouldnt throw away your job like he did.

malvolio

Nailed on for Germany and I am 99% sure that there are some pre contracts already signed. Otherwise you wouldnt throw away your job like he did.

Bumsi Flick got lucky with that Bayern run last year. He's a nobody as manager. Of course he took the Germany NT job with both hands :lol:

Bobo32

Koeman's 3-5-2 still has an attacking mindset. We approached games with Valverde's flat 4-4-2 with an intention not to concede. He would regularly make defensive substitutions once we were up and try to defend the lead.

If you like defensive football, yes. But it's not my cup of tea.

I don't think he has an attacking mindset. It's more of a "let's see" mindset from what I can tell, putting on the players he likes, adding more and more defenders throughout the season as he sees there are patches needed to be filled.

Barcelona under Koeman the last month has played with 5 defenders, one holding midfielder, two b2b and two false nines, where one is walking, and one is jogging around, presumably on the pitch mainly for his high "workrate".
I find the tactics very predictable, most of the time there are only options available on the outside. Sometimes options appear out of chance in transistions and so on.

henias

Koeman's 3-5-2 still has an attacking mindset. We approached games with Valverde's flat 4-4-2 with an intention not to concede. He would regularly make defensive substitutions once we were up and try to defend the lead.

Hardly attacking at all. Still plays 5 at the back, still prefers physicality more than anything and safe options are his get-gos. Trying to keep possession of the ball hardly mean anything, I find the attacking sequence very predictable. No plan B, if we concede goals, he would just roll out more attackers, hey score if you can mindset and win me the game, with no inkling of tactics not set roles of what they are supposed to do. If we do score a goal early, it would be subbing Pedri out for more physicality like Ilaix to try and "hold" on to the result. Sometimes it would be *insert Roberto* and see how it goes and if the game improves.

I just dont find his method particularly inspiring at all, and I've never seen anyone this lack of tactical nous. He has his set of "favourite players"and that already destroy any sort of potential rebuild we can have. It would be even more disaster if he brings on his dream players like Depay. It would be game over.

Home of Barca Fans