Ronald Koeman

malvolio

We are all over the place and rely solely on some of the players delivering the goods. Koeman could sit in the stands for the rest of La Liga

Marshall D Teach

Honestly, I don't care if Jordi fucking Roura is their coach, the way these players collapse under the slightest pressure is disgraceful.

Starting to feel bad for anyone who has to coach them tbh. It aged Lucho a freaking decade.

Last edited:

fergus90

Thursday was almost the final straw for me in my faith in Koeman going forward. It's like we build towards something only to undo everything and revert to type.

With Coutinho fit, our starting XI would contain Messi, Griezman,Coutinho, Busi, Alba, Roberto, Lenglet and Pique most weeks I'm absolutely sure of it.

raskolnikov

Koeman is petty in a way that if you cross him you fall out of his graces forever.

He doesnt play Puig cause he complained to the media. Same with Pjanic. Has to be personal like that even if Pjanic sucks.

I do feel he deserves a second season given everything.

Birdy

Away record in the second half of this season has been great.
After the loss to Cadiz in early December, we have lost only the Classico, and have won 11/12 games,
including wins at difficult places, where we traditionally stumble:
Sociedad 1-6, Bilbao 2-3, Sevilla 0-2, Valencia 2-3, Villareal 1-2

Altomonte

However, Camp Nou no longer intimidates visiting teams. Is it because the stadium is empty, or are our players so dependent on crowd support?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Posted this back in November

There have been more wins in away games than home games this season in the PL. (37% Home Wins-20% Draw- 43% Away Wins). In the previous seasons you usually had an average of give or take 50% Home wins.

Pretty good site (just found it) , you can also see those stats of the previous seasons.

https://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england

Edit : La liga also seems to have an average of ~50% Home wins in previous couple of seasons. This season we are sitting at 38% Home Wins-30% Draw- 32% Away Wins

We are in May now and the ratio between wins/draw/loss stayed give or take the same ( It's 37% Home wins-20% Draws -39% Away wins currently) .

So I would take these Barca away wins with a grain of salt. It's has more to do with teams playing in empty stadiums.

Last edited:

JohnN

I like RK, I really do. He doesn't have a perfect squad to play with and he has done pretty well, but his in game changes are getting really worrisome. It seems every time he makes a sub the team responds negatively.
This is either because the level of the subbed in players is way lower or because he disrupts the squad balance with wrong player profiles and I tend to believe the second case.

My two main points for the last game:
1. We have a meme like conversation in the Puig thread and many don't rate him at all, but his profile was better for closing out this game than Iliax, who also, isn't on the best run of form currently. So there is no good reason not to choose Puig as a sub at that point.
2. Sergi Roberto has been consistently below average every time he played, and still RK subs him in at a crucial point of the game, even though he provides little to no attacking threat and has a serious defensive mistake in him every time.

This has been a recurring theme for us this season and it doesn't seem to go away. I have been trying to remember the last time a change of personel mid game had a good impact on our overall performance and I can't. Surely there are some of those times, but they are the exception.

He has improved many things throughout the season and my hope is he can improve on that aspect too, but logic says this is one of his irreversible flaws, and is also one of the worst things to have, because if a game doesn't go our way from the get go, or the other team changes tactics mid game, we seem lost and only hope for a Messi miracle to pull us through. This is barely viable with current Messi but next season it will probably be impossible with him at 34-35 yo.

Bobo32

This has been a recurring theme for us this season and it doesn't seem to go away. I have been trying to remember the last time a change of personel mid game had a good impact on our overall performance and I can't. Surely there are some of those times, but they are the exception

Pretty much any time Puig entered :)
Trincao had a few good entrances as well, then he was given the Puig treatment for a few weeks and since then he was bad as before when given chances again.

Koemans habit of changing formations mid-game (often multiple times) rarely had a positive effect.

Nazario1985

Rebuilding with RK is like waiting to win the loterie.

The guy still thinks overcrowding the attack the last 20mins is going to save the day every time.

Messi is saving his ass till now as with the previous clowns.

Still no win against ANY big league team, where tactic matter the most !!

Home of Barca Fans