Ronald Koeman

Gnidrologist

I like this kind of saturated midfield. We don't have a use for two wingers currently, especially, when one of them needs to be Flopman. I think Messi is more comfortable in this kind of setting, because he has plenty of players to link up with. With the individual brilliance up front, we can afford to play two forwards, while having more control in middle. Fullbacks could stretch the field better as they could be more relaxed with 3 at the back. Not sure if viable for every occasion though.

JohnN

Will he play something similar for the Copa game (we might be missing Pedri) or will we revert to Griezmann up front?

Barcilliant

He needs to be given another season at least. I would only sack him if we don't qualify for CL. He has been open minded, flexible and put faith in youngsters. He's made mistakes too but which coach is perfect.
His attitude and honesty are likeable too. He clearly loves the club and is giving his all.
Keep it up chief!

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He needs to be given another season at least. I would only sack him if we don't qualify for CL. He has been open minded, flexible and put faith in youngsters. He's made mistakes too but which coach is perfect.
His attitude and honesty are likeable too. He clearly loves the club and is giving his all.
Keep it up chief!

Nah difficult we lost too many matches this season. I would only give a chance if we turn the copa match and win against Atletico and Real.

Marshall D Teach

I wanted to see us not get humiliated in the CL but it seems at this point the humiliations are inevitable no matter who the coach is.

Also I think it's best to wait until Pique, Busquets etc are gone before bringing in Xavi.

At the very least I think Koeman can build a decent foundation for his successor to build on.

khaled_a_d

At the very least I think Koeman can build a decent foundation for his successor to build on.

This.
It is the main reason I want him to stay another year.
I don't think we are winning anything next year anyway, it is better to keep Koeman to set up the next coach for success, rather than letting him go, and bring someone in win now mode who isn't going to win

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Let Koeman integrate as many kids as possible for 1-2 years, after which Xavi can build a new project using them as the base with 2-3 stars brought in. I would like the likes of Tenas, Comas, Balde, Mingo, Jandro, Nico, Konrad and Gavi and Ilias (next season or in 22/23) also to get a chance. We can also bring back the likes of Garcia, Cuenca, Monchu, Miranda, although I don't know about those. It really feels like a golden La Masia generation after so much time. I am sure I probably forgot about some players too. I am not becoming a cultist, but at least some of these guys deserve a chance after how much Riqui, Ansu, Mingueza, Araujo and Ilaix (so far) have impressed.

khaled_a_d

Let Koeman integrate as many kids as possible for 1-2 years, after which Xavi can build a new project using them as the base with 2-3 stars brought in. I would like the likes of Tenas, Comas, Balde, Mingo, Jandro, Nico, Konrad and Gavi and Ilias (next season or in 22/23) also to get a chance. We can also bring back the likes of Garcia, Cuenca, Monchu, Miranda, although I don't know about those. It really feels like a golden La Masia generation after so much time. I am sure I probably forgot about some players too. I am not becoming a cultist, but at least some of these guys deserve a chance after how much Riqui, Ansu, Mingueza, Araujo and Ilaix (so far) have impressed.

We can't just promote the whole B team :lol:

I will be cautious with La Masia GK tbh, always overhyped and not a realistic expectations with them. Though we could save few millions by promoting one as back up GK and selling Neto.

Not sure with Cuenca but honestly all of those names (other than Mingo) seems more like potential 3rd-4th option CB rather than a starting one, we can't have so many of those in the squad trying to give minutes, it is important to give some of them on loan or sell with buyback, no way Mingueza would have developed anywhere he is if Chumi and Cuenca was still there.

Mingo was rated higher by Koeman than Mingueza, people are forgetting that he was called in the squad in week 3-5 before Oscar being called from week 6. Injury ruined the kid season and maybe even messed with an easy first team path (we don't know who is coming next year)

-Konrad is already getting minutes here and there tbh, he is a low ceiling prospect IMO but with a decent floor, we will need to clean the frontline a bit.
Balde will soon get his minutes, but honestly I hate rushing him as he isn't ready at all. Let the kid develop under Piementa, Miranda is a guy that I am totally opposing to bring back, he doesn't have the tool to be a Barca LB, I would prefer to get Gaya for 15M if we manage to sell Firpo and Miranda for same money, let Balde develop with B and then remove Alba when he is ready.

Same thing in midfield, we have the likes Puig,FDJ, Pedri already, Illaix is a coach favorite it seems (and one of few cases who seem to do better with 1st team coach than B team) that is 4 already, we can't give minutes to Jandro,Monchu,Nico next year. There will need to be a better management of those,

That said, it is a good problem to have.
This La Masia generation is good, and player we brought for Barca B is finally delivering too.
We have a good platform for them now, a combination of Barca B having a long time in 3rd division (no second division bs) with a good development coach there, a 1st team coach who is historically known to have youth approach and a club that is in crisis and willing to go for youth development

Last edited:

PhilS

Who knew that Koeman was so convincingly hiding his tactical brilliance?

The 3-5-2 makes this a reborn team. This setup helps in so many ways!

The 4 man backline was not even close to cutting it defensively against good competition. The three CBs with help from the two former fullbacks, Busquets and De Jong might be able to avoid slaughter by the capable attacks. This new position maximizes what Dest has to offer. Dembele is perfectly suited for the high-speed work this formation offers to him. The other big beneficiary is De Jong, now he can make his moves on goal pretty much whenever he feels the urge. The only important player who might suffer in this formation is Pedri, but he's a good bet to figure it out.

Now, somehow sell Greizmann this summer. Fati should also be devastating rotating in up front. Sergi Roberto, Moriba and Puig should also thrive.

raskolnikov

Its a hell of a job to do though. Enter at a terrible time and try to make things happen.
It was his dream job. Leaving Netherlands ec campaign after covid and a heart attack to give his dream a go is admirable.

I dont feel he is a pushover. He mixes talent with experience, learns on the job and his heart is in the right place.

We have many problems but Koeman deserves atleast another year to build on this.
We are not even completely out of la liga.
Atletico is slowing down and Madrid is almost as bad as us.

He needs to keep the wins going and become more solid in grinding out wins. Then who knows?

Home of Barca Fans