Ronald Koeman

Porque

Not only Setien but according to him his entire staff is still under contract at Barca.

Zr6tKgF.png

Maybe Setien-Koeman as co-managers with Barking Dog and Humongous Head as co-assistants. I recall Sweden for no reason whatsoever had co-managers at a World Cup before.

jairzinho

Won?t be too upset if he gets the sack but who would come here? To implement what ?. The team is unbalanced. Poch, Klopp, Pep would struggle with this group.

Richard.H

Just hold coaching tryouts for RK, Setien, and Valverde. Each alternates between one match. The one who gets the most points gets a contract offer. It's the only true way to see who's better.

serghei

Just hold coaching tryouts for RK, Setien, and Valverde. Each alternates between one match. The one who gets the most points gets a contract offer. It's the only true way to see who's better.

And don't play Messi because we know for who he will try harder :lol:.

Nothanks

I don't get it
the barcaforum experts told me we are losing terribly because of pique, sergi roberto, vidal, busquets, suarez.. and more importantly valverde / setien
but but.. now we are losing without those players on the pitch..

barcaforum experts please explain yourself!

Porque

Won?t be too upset if he gets the sack but who would come here? To implement what ?. The team is unbalanced. Poch, Klopp, Pep would struggle with this group.

Speaking seriously for a second. It would surely be Pimienta to re-implement status quo (433) and aim for CL qualification before all is lost. Then with a bit of games and a run of form who knows what would happen.

He would get the team playing the Barca way. The veterans would also be playing though (Busquets, Messi obv, Griezmann).

To be fair to Koeman, absolutely everything is going wrong for him. The team creates alot of goalscoring chances but doesn't convert. And we're conceeding more than usual with OTT defensive errors. Just today the first penalty shouldn't have been given (although both Umtiti and Pjanic handballed in the box which could have been given).

jairzinho

Speaking seriously for a second. It would surely be Pimienta to re-implement status quo (433) and aim for CL qualification before all is lost. Then with a bit of games and a run of form who knows what would happen.

He would get the team playing the Barca way. The veterans would also be playing though (Busquets, Messi obv, Griezmann).

To be fair to Koeman, absolutely everything is going wrong for him. The team creates alot of goalscoring chances but doesn't convert. And we're conceeding more than usual with OTT defensive errors. Just today the first penalty shouldn't have been given (although both Umtiti and Pjanic handballed in the box which could have been given).

4-3-3 with Messi? , No dembele?. How are you going to do that? Messi wants to play central. Greizmann wants to play central. Cou wants to play Central. At this moment Trincao is the only winger and most times he wants to cut inside.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't get it
the barcaforum experts told me we are losing terribly because of pique, sergi roberto, vidal, busquets, suarez.. and more importantly valverde / setien
but but.. now we are losing without those players on the pitch..

barcaforum experts please explain yourself!

These players are downspiral of their career and on super high wages. Good time to get rid of them.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
CL was a pipe dream anyway this season. We lucked out to have this easy group. Just the other day serghei and the likes were praising our games against Ferencvaros and Kiev :lol:

That's why I wanted us to play without Messi today. We would gauge the real level of the "reserves" with Dembele and Ansu out. We got trashed 3-0 with Messi wasting every chance anyway.

fergus90

Can anyone that has followed football for at least the last 15 years seriously tell me they are surprised that Ronald Koeman is struggling as Barcelona manager.

There is no point sacking him, but he had no business being employed in the first place. He's had his hands tied but you don't put the responsibility of a rebuild in the hands of a man who has proven he's not up to the task, at least FOUR times before with AZ Alkmaar, Valencia, Benfica, Everton.

If it was one club he had a dodgy spell at I'd understand, but he has a history of mediocrity. Koeman was a wonderful player, an absolute Barca legend but he had no business being employed as manager based on managerial merit. But really the one to blame for all this is Bartomeu.

Koeman is pretty much auditioning to save his job now, he needs to change his approach and start playing players more deserving of minutes otherwise he's deservedly getting his P45.

Porque

4-3-3 with Messi? , No dembele?. How are you going to do that? Messi wants to play central. Greizmann wants to play central. Cou wants to play Central. At this moment Trincao is the only winger and most times he wants to cut inside.

I imagine Pimiento would go something like this with everyone fit.

Roberto-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
---de Jong-Busquets-Puig---
--Messi-Griezmann-Fati---

Re-establish the midfield. His B team usually has a false/hybrid 9, mostly through lack of signings. Likes to rotate so fit Dembele and Dest would get starts.

Messi in a free role but on paper AMR. The way de Jong is going he is going to be the next workrate CMR.

malvolio

That's why I wanted us to play without Messi today. We would gauge the real level of the "reserves" with Dembele and Ansu out. We got trashed 3-0 with Messi wasting every chance anyway.

Just go to sleep kid. You wanted to write something that sounds smart but its more bullshit hurled at Messi. I'm starting to think you have issues

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Just go to sleep kid. You wanted to write something that sounds smart but its more bullshit hurled at Messi. I'm starting to think you have issues

What? How did you manage to make that conclusion? All I said is that given that we lost anyway, it would be interesting to look how we would cope without Messi. Honestly, I did not know you were a boomer but it explains some things, such as your arrogance and prejudice.

Home of Barca Fans