Ronald Koeman

Rory

Realistically doesn't matter how good or bad this guy is tactically. The squad needs a big clearout (Koeman might be able to do this/make this process happen quicker). Board needs replacing which happens irrespective of the manager. At the very least players have to respect who this guy is.

Hardy

Koeman on De Jong: "His position at Bar?a is different than his position at Ajax or Holland. This way, he is learning how to play further up the pitch so it's not all bad, but it is certainly not his best position either. I think he can perform better playing further back."

his words few months ago, hopefully he's coherent with what he said

Andrew M

I think this is a good appointment. I remember when he was coach of Valencia around 2007 that he upset a lot of the sacred cows in the dressing room.

Just hoping that after the 8-2 humiliation that Barto will realise that Koeman needs to be given the authority to make bold calls on team selection and sales. He's a Barca legend so will command respect

fergus90

He did well at Saints and brought the likes of Mane as stated, however he spent 160 million at Everton and was shite. That being said Rijkaard got a side relegated the season before he took over at Barca, so it's never cut and dry that someone will succeed or fail based on their cv(unless they have continually failed of course).

One thing Koeman has got, is a strong personality, something that the Barca dugout has lacked for a few years. The character of the coach in the dugout can often times be a reflection of what's seen on the field. We have lacked intensity and fight since Enrique and we've had two very reserved managers on the sidelines since.

bismp

Let's hope that he will make bold decisions and try to implement his vision,unlike Setien and Valverde.

Never watched him play,is he as strong-willed as Lucho?

olivis

I actually don't think Koeman would be so bad for us. He's done well with the NT too, who play in similar fashion.

Also finally someone with a spine, who can discipline some of our lazy players.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Tbh Koeman doesn't have the type of personality to back down from what he want to do. He's like LVG in that it's my way or the highway.

Yh I know he definitely has that alpha mentality as BBZ would say. But it's best to be cautious. All I'm saying is at the moment they are just words.

Tackle

Ronald Koeman in January 2019: "I always say that when I have a 30-year-old player and a 22-year-old with the same performance. I play the 22-year-old because he's the future." [cat radio via md]

Let's see if he sticks to the ideas he's talked about in the past.

Home of Barca Fans