Robben vs Bale

Robben or Bale, who was better?

• Total voters

Temptation

Temptation is back with yet another comparison thread!

2 superfast, extremely injury prone Right Wingers who had insane match winning ability and a god tier left foot. Both played for a London club and Real Madrid. Both had amazing careers and are legends in their own right.

Who was better overall? Who'd you like to have in your team and why? Would like to see the arguments. Compare the 2.

Yannik

I am biased but still it's Robben based on both individual ability and overall performance.

I feel like Bale is a bit of an anomaly that never really lived up to the hype, but that gets a bit overshadowed because he somehow still showed up big time in multiple important finals.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Di Maria over both in a one off game

But between these 2, I’d take Robben. Bale was more clutch but Robben on song was the second most devastating attacking force of the last 15 years after prime Messi

Last edited:

Temptation

Di Maria over both in a one off game

But between these 2, I’d take Robben. Bale was more clutch but Robben on song was the second most devastating attacking force of the last 15 years after prime Messi

Both have more main man energy than ADM. You could argue Bale is just as clutch as ADM and way more devastating. Bale always showed up for mighty Wales too when they needed him. Prime Bale on his day played like CR7 and could score from anywhere on the pitch on his own. Check out the goals he scored in his final Spurs season.

KingLeo10

Both have more main man energy than ADM. You could argue Bale is just as clutch as ADM and way more devastating. Bale always showed up for mighty Wales too when they needed him. Prime Bale on his day played like CR7 and could score from anywhere on the pitch on his own. Check out the goals he scored in his final Spurs season.

Main man energy?

Robben in fact never played in a team without other stars/ superstars

Di Maria’s had a great showing in the WC final, won Argentina a Copa final, and has generally been a menace in CL (created the header that Bale scored for La Decima)

Robben was a massive choker who bottled 2 CL finals (mainly the Chelsea one) and like 2-3 great chances in the 10 WC final. No way was he clutch. Great attacking force on his day tho

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Robben had more in his locker, Bale relied on athleticism too much, which saw him decline a lot once the injuries prevailed.

Still think Bale is the best British player in the 21st century though.

fergus90

Rooney in his prime was better than Bale but Bale had more moments in finals than him.

Robben was top class.

Temptation

Main man energy?

Robben in fact never played in a team without other stars/ superstars

Di Maria’s had a great showing in the WC final, won Argentina a Copa final, and has generally been a menace in CL (created the header that Bale scored for La Decima)

Robben was a massive choker who bottled 2 CL finals (mainly the Chelsea one) and like 2-3 great chances in the 10 WC final. No way was he clutch. Great attacking force on his day tho

I said Bale was clutch not Robben.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bale had a few more big moments but anyone with a brain knows Robben was the better player.

Yannik

I said Bale was clutch not Robben.

It can be debated.

Bale was clutch in 2 CL finals and 1 Copa final, but he was absolutely nowhere to be seen when Madrid was fighting to get that far.
Robben was not a finals guy, but he had some iconic CL and WC campaigns, he would drag his team to these finals no matter how and at least managed to decide also 1 of them in the end.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans