Renato Sanches

Jombi

40M + 20M bonus .

Because it is Bayern ,and everything that Bayern does is legit . while if it is Barca it is money laundry :shakeshead:

That is the reason why Barca can't go for those "flavor of the moment "prospects on regular basis . Every highly touted prospect from top leagues or playing in top clubs in 2nd fiddle league (like Porto,Monaco etc) will be overpriced .
While it should happen every now and then like we did with Neymar , we can't do it regularly . That is why we prefer going with the likes of D.Suarez & Halilovic in search for a future starter .low price .will surely get us more money than we paid for etc

I think this is way too defeatist. Valencia signed Mustafi for 8m euros, Sevilla signed Krycho for 3.5m euros, Leicester signed Kante for 5m, PSG signed Aurier for 8m (while we signed Douglas, lol) etc etc. There are always bargains out there if we care to look.

We dont really "prefer" to go with 16-year olds from Eastern Europe instead of 22-year olds from Serie A, Ligue 1 or someplace else. I dont think thats some sort of strategy we have, and so far, we have yet to see this "strategy" really producing starters.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think this is way too defeatist. Valencia signed Mustafi for 8m euros, Sevilla signed Krycho for 3.5m euros, Leicester signed Kante for 5m, PSG signed Aurier for 8m (while we signed Douglas, lol) etc etc. There are always bargains out there if we care to look.

We dont really "prefer" to go with 16-year olds from Eastern Europe instead of 22-year olds from Serie A, Ligue 1 or someplace else. I dont think thats some sort of strategy we have, and so far, we have yet to see this "strategy" really producing starters.

1-It is a strategy ,and it is already rumored we will continue with it but in a bigger way
2-Puyol,Busquets & Pedro all joined aged 17 from other Spanish clubs . It is an old strategy we actually had for years .
3-There is always bargains .no doubt .Pique ,Alba.Rakitic are a prove of that and all are starters right now
4-The players you are mentioning aren't the kind of players I am talking about .sure expanding our market is good .but the whole let's get that gr8 prospect that everyone scream about won't work at least not on a regular basis
And our starters are 3 La Masia product (Busquets,Iniesta & Messi) .2 players who were young who was signed as bargains (Pique&Alba) .a veteran GK along another bargain young GK switching places (Bravo & MATS)

Jombi

1-It is a strategy ,and it is already rumored we will continue with it but in a bigger way
2-Puyol,Busquets & Pedro all joined aged 17 from other Spanish clubs . It is an old strategy we actually had for years .
3-There is always bargains .no doubt .Pique ,Alba.Rakitic are a prove of that and all are starters right now
4-The players you are mentioning aren't the kind of players I am talking about .sure expanding our market is good .but the whole let's get that gr8 prospect that everyone scream about won't work at least not on a regular basis
And our starters are 3 La Masia product (Busquets,Iniesta & Messi) .2 players who were young who was signed as bargains (Pique&Alba) .a veteran GK along another bargain young GK switching places (Bravo & MATS)

Well, its impossible to know what people actually mean when they say "prospect". You are talking about 18-year olds? Not players in their early 20s like I mentioned? It would be a disaster if we dont buy players in the category I mentioned and continue down some pipe dream of producing a team full of La Masia players by signing 16-year olds from all over the world. We will HAVE to buy players younger than 25 from some of the top 6-7 leagues. Our team is aging fast. You are right we did it with Ter Stegen and we will have to get more signings like that. Good players in their league, younger than 25, plays in top 6-7 league. Relying on La Masia wont do it even though it is a nice dream.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Bayern :worthy:

So fucking jealous at how good they are at doing deals. Out of nowhere, Renato and Hummels made official on the same day. Get your shit together, Barca. Joke of a management.

Absolutely all I could think of when I heard it announced too. There wasn't a peep that he'd go to Bayern and one click of the finger and he's done. They've have a decade with this guy at least, a rare talent, and half a decade with Hummels at least.

From what I've gathered a lot of those variable fees come from Ballon D'or shortlist and team of the year, which if he makes, he'll likely be worth anyway.

You've got to wonder where he'll fit, though? Carlo hardly rotates as is. I guess he'll be the long term replacement for Vidal but Vidal isn't old either. Maybe Thiago will go.

Edit: should of read the rest of the thread before posting, almost all I said was covered elsewhere. :lol: Still, though - imagine being linked to fraud-of-all-frauds Pjanic and bringing in this guy instead.

Last edited:

bastardo

So this is how its going to be from now on? every decent 18 - 20 year old going for money that would gotten you a proven starter just few years ago. Not denying that sanches is a talent though.

Falcao

Renato Sanches deal:-

€35m guaranteed.
€5m for every 25 appearances.
€20m for Ballon d'Or shortlist/FIFA Team of the Year.

Jombi

Renato Sanches deal:-

€35m guaranteed.
€5m for every 25 appearances.
€20m for Ballon d'Or shortlist/FIFA Team of the Year.

This is basically guaranteed 50m possibly 60m. For a teenager who hasnt shown anything in Europe or nationally. Crazy times.

Alarcón

But if he had played 25-50 games without showing anything he would cost them 45M for being another teenager who floped

Yes, of course, but then he only cost '45m' and not 60 or 80, plus they can still sell him.... We bought Mathieu and Vermaelen for 40m, they're horrible and we're stuck with them

Yannik

But if he had played 25-50 games without showing anything he would cost them 45M for being another teenager who floped

From which they can regain at least 20m+ if they then sell him. BUt I think Alarcon is right, if he is actually reaching 125 caps then he would surely have something special with him that justifies the fee.

serghei

Hmm, doesn't sound like a bargain to me. Reminds me of Anderson to United, 19 years old, for 30m. euros in 2007.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

From which they can regain at least 20m+ if they then sell him. BUt I think Alarcon is right, if he is actually reaching 125 caps then he would surely have something special with him that justifies the fee.

125 cap doesn't mean he is surely special , it mean he is good player .Gotze already played 72 games in 3 seasons . And he isn't exactly a success there .

Yannik

125 cap doesn't mean he is surely special , it mean he is good player .Gotze already played 72 games in 3 seasons . And he isn't exactly a success there .

But Götze is still 50 caps away from it and probably going to be sold in the summer, 125 caps would mean he had to last around 3-5 seasons there at this level playing regular as an 18 year old now, that's definitely good then.

Home of Barca Fans