Real Madrid

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bu2qduYIgAAMVHq.png

So that's how they're going to fit all the stars? They'll get #REKT against any decent attacking side.

L

Los Blancos

There are holes in that lineup and we saw some of it against Sevilla. I don't like it against a better attacking team. They need to concentrate on defense this year especially against Barcelona and their new attack.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There are holes in that lineup and we saw some of it against Sevilla. I don't like it against a better attacking team. They need to concentrate on defense this year especially against Barcelona and their new attack.

Welcome to the forum!

How do you think you guys should line up?

WallBreaker

~Teehee, it's a name i made up when thinking of one for the channel, sometimes i say "woo lets go baby" when i see my team's players play, so thats where it comes from. :D

About Madrid 14/15, i liked what i saw yesterday.

This is how i personally imagine Madrid playing, and it's more or less what happened yesterday.

Screen_Shot_2014_08_13_at_4_39_41_PM.png

Alonso and Illarramendi as alternatives for Kroos, and Isco, James, and Modric for the "inside midfielder/interior/extremo" positions. Di Maria will most likely leave and i personally don't feel he will be "missed" too much. I'd like for Khedira to stay, 7 players for 3 positions, but it's 65 matches this season and players like Isco and James could be used as subs in the BBC trident, and players like Modric and Kroos as well in a 4213ish formation.

Equilibrium and team balance comes through hard work and functionality in my opinion. Madrid is more than solid with the 442, and if James,Isco, and Kroos work well and keep progressing and the team stays relatively compact then 433 will work well as well. It's something Carlo has done before btw.

Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka Seedorf
Inzaghi

into a

Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini-Seedorf
Kaka-Inzaghi

Bale tracks back well and the team will only improve as season goes on. I see a well balanced team/squad, and Khedira staying and Jese returning to good use by feb/march would be great.

CuleLife4Life

I don't think Khedira is staying. Perez basically ignored him yesterday during the trophy ceremony.

A midfield of Kroos, James, and Modric is defensively weak against better teams. Sevilla messed up by not closing in spaces in the midfield yesterday allowing Kroos-Modric_James to look better than they really are. Kroos and Modric midfield looks good though but they'll need a good DM with them. Alonso is getting old, Khedira is gone, and Illara is untrustworthy.

James has been benched before at Monaco for not being defensive enough. I'm not saying he can't learn but its too soon to try to have him learn and then get him to start. But because of his price he'll start no matter what.

James was such an unnecessary buy and now Isco is being ignored. He should have started yesterday but James did even though he wasn't part of their CL win the way Isco was.
And Jese is basically out since RM are trying to get Falcao. And if Falcao comes then Benz goes back on the bench and then BBC goes bye bye.

They're pretty much going the way of galactico 2002 again dismantling major parts of their team. Perez proving once again what a clown he is by going for shirt sales instead of trophies.

WallBreaker

Ya, Khedira will likely leave as well, he needs playing time and won't be a starter in this team. He and his agent also seem keen to find their way out of Madrid one way or another.

Modric is a very complete midfielder so he won't be a problem. I saw various Bayern matches to check up on Kroos and i did not like that he seemed to lack defensive skills when it comes to positioning, tackling, etc, but he started with the right foot yesterday. I prefer someone more agile and with more speed to be able to cover the flanks so i think i prefer Kroos in the position i outlined in my diagram, rather than in a double pivot or as an Interior. Isco has shown he's capable to play well as an Extremo as shown against Bayern and Barca for example, and yesterday he impressed me with what he did as an Interior/extremo and thus i made a video about it. James will have to learn, he has the physical and technical qualities to be a good interior (he's a bit faster than Isco and that helps), between Isco and James growing, and compact play, i am optimistic.

I really don't think Falcao is going to Madrid. AS have more or less been the ones really milking that, and have looked very agenda driven at that.

Dismantling is not the word i would use to describe this Madrid side, the purchases can be argued plenty but it is of my opinion that the squad is pretty complete as it stands.

Yes, i've seen plenty of sources talking about not having a "midfield destroyer", but team equilibrium and balance is more about player roles, tactics, and working together.

Illarramendi,Alonso,Kroos,Modric,James, and Isco, are more than enough to pull of the 442/433 madrid pulled out against bayern, barca, and atletico for example.

Last edited:

Morten

I think a trio with James - Modric - Kroos will be to weak against the very best, mainly because of James, he is much more an attacker than a defensive midfielder. But he came for a huge load of money, so he have to play. But where do you fit him? Ronaldo and Bale have the flanks covered, but he could play there if one of them is injuried, but for the money he was bought for he has to be a starter. That only leaves the striker position for him, maybe he could play a false 9 or something. Benzema would probably still get more time on the pitch.
But he could fit in the midfield in most la liga matches and the cl group stage, so plenty of matches for him. But in the big games i dont think this will work.

serghei

This Madrid team will be super-dominating against 80% of the teams they face. However, when they play against a good team, their lack of defensive cover in midfield will show. The James transfer was typicall for them, they usually buy what's hot on the market, not what they really need. James and Kroos are CAMs. Modric is a playmaker with little or no defensive skills. When you have 3 playmakers playing in midfield, you must either -- 1) have 65%+ possesion or 2) have amazing defenders who can solve 1vs1 duels with ease. Madrid has neither of those 2 things IMO.

Di Maria - Khedira - Modric is the best midfield they have atm. And the most balanced one.

To me it seems like the James affair has KAKA written all over it. Both in style of the player and in the pointlessness of the transfer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans