Real Madrid

Trickykid

So, on a local RM forum I lurk on once in a while, madridistas are going absolutely ballistic over the three young(ish) Spaniards, Illaramendi, Morata and to a slightly lesser extent, Isco. Basically the general consensus is that they can all bugger off this summer, if the offers are right. Personally I'd be surprised if Isco is shipped off, but I suppose if a big enough offer came to the table, Florentino and co. would at least listen.

What's your take on this, Raed and Wolfe?

Edit: oops, wrong forum. If a mod could move it to the general RM thread, it would be great.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
So, on a local RM forum I lurk on once in a while, madridistas are going absolutely ballistic over the three young(ish) Spaniards, Illaramendi, Morata and to a slightly lesser extent, Isco. Basically the general consensus is that they can all bugger off this summer, if the offers are right. Personally I'd be surprised if Isco is shipped off, but I suppose if a big enough offer came to the table, Florentino and co. would at least listen.

Edit: oops, wrong forum. If a mod could move it to the general RM thread, it would be great.

Morata can be loaned out but I am sure he won't return if he did. I always thought he was a bit of a hot head and while he has the skillset, I am not sure if he has the mentality to succeed in Real Madrid. Jese is a lot more mature in that regard but we will have to see.

As for Isco, I will be absolutely gutted if he leaves. He stays, and he is given a first team spot, I don't care, I don't care. His performance in the CL was top notch, and while he wasn't part of the starting eleven against Bayern in the second leg, Bale and Ronaldo wouldn't have dreamt of being afforded this luxury if it weren't for the performance of Di Maria and Isco in the first match. Tactically he is getting it, and physically he is working his way up. He has skill in abundance and we need his skillset. We don't have many dribblers or players who can play in tight space, he can, and we need that. We have little dribbling penetration skillset readily available and we suffer because of it. He is not there yet but Ancelotti didn't even know what to do with him and didn't even know what to do with the team until January. With a proper pre-season he will be better.

As for Illaremendi, I can see why they would be angry with him. He plays for the jinxed position of Real Madrid that has eaten away many players or seen them shipped off under appreciated. Look what it has done to the experience Xabi Alonso. When he first joined I knew that we won't expect anything from him that is super world class until he was 26 or so. Busi for instance plays in a system specific role in which he excels because the whole team is very well calibrated but with Spain and without Xabi he was rendered useless. That DM/CM dual role is impossible to master in 1-2 years, it nees years of refining and it took Xabi and Pirlo approximately 3-4 seasons to be this good and be able to transfer their skillset to different teams (ie, spain/italy, juve/real).

They need to stay, least of which Morata but they all need to stay. The team after 5 seasons together of being relatively together is finally coming into shape to reach the finals of the CL, and is soon to be gutted with the aging of Ronaldo/Xabi/Modric/both goal keepers/Pepe. They need to stay to learn from their team mates and to understand the club culture, only then will Real Madrid form a team capable of withstanding the years, not flop after winning 1-2 league titles.

Alik

Isco moving to Man City like he was meant to would be best. Any team really where he is a starter. He's got talent.

Trickykid

Good stuff. I suppose it's mostly hyperbole caused from (more or less) crashing out of the LL race then.

Thanks for the write-up, Raed.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I have a big feeling they'll drop points today vs Celta. Nacho and Arbeloa in defense, 3 DM's and Khedira's first start in god knows how long, Isco and Morata, etc. This is completely different from the efficient and deadly attacking machine that Ancelotti has instilled in Madrid. Little to know balance, players who never play, and Lucho will be extra motivated to win this one.

MagIX

They've carbon-coppied what Bayern did to us last season (the irony, eh?). Sit back in 4-4-2, cede possession, press against the ball, swarm forward on the break, total destruction on set pieces. With the extra added motivation for La Farcima, which made them win the majority of their individual duels.

The simplest tactics in the world, really. Atletico play the same way with worse players.

I totally agree.

I can understand Atletico playing in this way, not RM, the most expansive team ever, simply ridiculous.

RM has problems, when they have to impose their game.
I'm curious to see with what tactics RM will play the final....

Tezemery

It's funny that after the Celta game fans were crucifying the 3 youngest players when it was Alonso and Ramos that made two huge mistakes for the goals xD.

Trickykid

It's funny that after the Celta game fans were crucifying the 3 youngest players when it was Alonso and Ramos that made two huge mistakes for the goals xD.

Weren't Illaramendi at fault for one of them, or was it the Valladolid match? Anyhow, I reckon their wrath had been building for a while, and these two matches made them lose their marbles at last.

Edit: My brain is broken. My post was written prior to the Celta match.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Anybody has that pic of Real Madird emblem made of facepalm smileys? I remember a member posted it here sometime ago.

ManusXavi

soccerhighlightstoday facebook page with this post
10359536_721243534584907_2374734883080878598_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans