Real Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
All that said I think it would be wiser to take Pochettino rather than Conte, if Zidane leaves, especially if they could get Kane as well: Conte + Hazard < Pochettino + Kane, imo.

Maybe. Probably. Perez likes his clunky Brits and the two would defo move together if they're going to move at all. And the fact that Madrid simply stopped buying over 25s since as far back as Kaka(?)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Maybe. Probably. Perez likes his clunky Brits and the two would defo move together if they're going to move at all. And the fact that Madrid simply stopped buying over 25s since as far back as Kaka(?)

Stopped buying over 25s?

Modric was almost 27. Be more than that since Kaka would think.

El Gato

Villarato!
Stopped buying over 25s?

Modric was almost 27. Be more than that since Kaka would think.

He doesn't buy finished outfield products anymore really. Massive difference in transfer quality that has been praised throughout by supporters and recognised by Barca time and time again in the past few years.

When you think about it, barely any. Adebayor & Essien loans, the goalies, Lucas & Kroos at 24...

Not to say it's a complete must. I think an experienced over 30 striker could be useful right now. But they avoid it at all cost, because it yielded success since they started the policy. Young dudes are better investments when they get to grow their chemistry and you don't have to worry about a stars having tantrums because of adaptability, lack of form, early decline etc. etc..

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He doesn't buy finished outfield products anymore really. Massive difference in transfer quality that has been praised throughout by supporters and recognised by Barca time and time again in the past few years.

When you think about it, barely any. Adebayor loan, the goalies, Lucas & Kroos at 24...

The success has barely been built on those younger signings in recent years though and some Barca fans went massively over the top about Reals transfers as I argued at time.

El Gato

Villarato!
The success has barely been built on those younger signings in recent years though and some Barca fans went massively over the top about Reals transfers as I argued at time.

The young dudes of this season defo, it was a risk which didn't pay off, because as we speak half of them are struggling due to lack of experience. Theo is practically bricking it every time he's out there. But a risk worth taking, why not. A gamble like that sometimes pays off. The experience gap became too big between the stars and talented bench.
Still this is super early for most of them. Hakimi is 19, Theo is 20, Ceba and Asensio 21, Llorente 22. They're for the next 5 years if all goes well. Dunno if anyone hyped this here on the forum, but it's not surprising it didn't work out yet.

JamDav1982

The young dudes of this season defo, it was a risk which didn't pay off, because as we speak half of them are struggling due to lack of experience. Theo is practically bricking it every time he's out there. But a risk worth taking, why not. A gamble like that sometimes pays off. The experience gap became too big between the stars and talented bench.
Still this is super early for most of them. Hakimi is 19, Theo is 20, Ceba and Asensio 21, Llorente 22. They're for the next 5 years if all goes well. Dunno if anyone hyped this here on the forum, but it's not surprising it didn't work out yet.

They are decent young players that have a chance but the way some Barca fans shit the bed about them being ready made replacements and Real set for years is way off.

I argued at time and still think Reals success has been built on the older players - Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Modric, Ronaldo, Benzema and there is big step down to those back up players... Kroos as well to be fair who is younger.

Personally I dont rate likes of Kovacic nearly as high as a lot of people seem to.

Real have a couple huge summers coming up where they most likely need to replace starters and more need for established over 25 types than been in past.

El Gato

Villarato!
Personally I dont rate likes of Kovacic nearly as high as a lot of people seem to.

Real have a couple huge summers coming up where they most likely need to replace starters and more need for established over 25 types than been in past.

Kova is one of the finest #2 or #3 midfield leaders. Can't rate him any higher, because he's never been #1 yet with the likes of Modric and Isco.

Huge summers yes. I suppose more need for some experience as it leaves the team, but transition should be quite fluid if managed properly. CR leaving wouldn't automatically mean he needs to be replaced by a Hazard caliber player. That's why they wanted Mbappe, but he wasn't willing to be a rotation guy all the time until BBC decides to fuck off. It'll be 1 or 2 pieces at a time and each summer the likes of Kroos, Casemiro, Carvajal will pick up the locker room leading roles. Even when talking about fullback backups they can be solid 22-25 year old dudes that you can find everywhere (Gaya, Bernat, Bellerin...). Key is to try and get more than 2 contracts out of them for longevity.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Now they can focus 100% on champions league against an out of form paris side. They can now give their players two weeks rest before each champions league game and prepare every detail like it's a champions league final. I fear them.

JamDav1982

Now they can focus 100% on champions league against an out of form paris side. They can now give their players two weeks rest before each champions league game and prepare every detail like it's a champions league final. I fear them.

Which they wont do as they need to recover their form and not just rest all their players.

Andresito

Staff member

Two weeks rest is very bad. They'd have to spend the first half, if not the whole game, just to get back up to tempo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kovacic is a very talented player, but seem to have some confidence issues after one or two bad games. Not a good look if he want to succeed long-term.

Home of Barca Fans