Real Madrid

serghei

It's simple. Alves is a better attacking fullback than Carvajal, but Carvajal is also much better at defending than Alves.

I'm not seeing that. Alves is still very much superior in 1 vs 1s. The only thing Carvajal does better than Alves is take fewer risks, and that's because he doesn't have the ability to take those risks. Dani Alves would play into this Real side with ease, even at almost 32. This clasico proved that, as did many others.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I'm not seeing that. Alves is still very much superior in 1 vs 1s. The only thing Carvajal does better than Alves is take fewer risks, and that's because he doesn't have the ability to take those risks. Dani Alves would play into this Real side with ease, even at almost 32. This clasico proved that, as did many others.

Are you kidding me? Even Ronaldo who barely ever manages to dribble made a fool out of him.

serghei

Are you kidding me? Even Ronaldo who barely ever manages to dribble made a fool out of him.

I think you got the names mixed up. Alves is the one wearing blaugrana.

e3bb6a4aaf4d10083775f690fa66af3c.jpg

serghei

Oh,you lost the argument.

Wait... I lost... what? What argument? That Alves is better than every RB you have and would play in your team? :lol: Alves was voted 2nd best RB in the world by FIFPro a few months ago. Just to put things into perspective, Carvajal was 5th or 6th IIRC.

And you said Ronaldo made a fool out of Alves. When did he do that? In this clasico? You must have watched a different game then, as Alves was one of the best players on the night.

an old picture of him dribbling a striker.

Show me Carvajal dribbling a striker like that. :lol: Or giving a 60m assist in a clasico. Oh wait... you can't. Why? Because Carvajal is better. Give me a break will you... Some of the things Alves can (still) pull off in a tough official game Carvajal can't even do in trainings.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
It's kinda impressive how you twist anything to suit you. I never mentioned Carvajal being better than Alves, hell I always say that Carvajal is overrated. I also never said anything about Alves being bad , look at the part that I bolded when i quoted you : "This clasico proved that". You are talking as if Alves had an amazing performance which he didn't. That was the point of my post that you obviously somehow missed. He wasn't solid in defence, Marcelo and even Ronaldo were giving him a lot of trouble.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

Alves was a beast back in the day an still churns out some good performances but come on. The guy is at the end of his career while Carvajal is just beginning his. We can't compare the two right now.

serghei

You are talking as if Alves had an amazing performance which he didn't

He did. As I said, you must have watched a different football game, because the game I saw was decided by a play Alves created and Suarez finished.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He did. As I said, you must have watched a different football game, because the game I saw was decided by a play Alves created and Suarez finished.

Just because he did one good play doesn't mean he had an amazing performance. Most of this forum agreed that Alves was bad and you can look at ratings for Alves in that match. It's funny how Ronaldo can score 2-3 goals yet this forum will say he had a shit performance ,meanwhile Alves can be shit for 90 % of the match but do 1 freaking assist and you'll say he had an amazing performance. Laughable really.

serghei

Great assist

If this was his last clasico ever, what a way to bow out :worthy:

Great pass, probably among his best ever.

Credit Busquets and Xavi for better distribution to the right flank, and finally getting Messi/Alves more involved offensively.

it's like those long passes in FIFA :lol: The truth is he is still the best in his position, :worthy:

Hope he accepts the 1+1 extension after this game. He won't feel that sort of passion with PSG! Please Dani one or two more years.

Gotta admire this guy's linkup play. Our next RB will have large shoes to fill.

OK, now I am convinced. Must re-sign Alves.

Yep, you nailed it. Most of the forum agrees Dani Alves was bad in the clasico. :facepalm:

Btw, from BBC:

Dani Alves 7 (same as Pique)

His key contribution was the pass for Luis Suarez's winner, and this was a solid overall effort from the Brazilian. Not as gung-ho in attack as usual but his wholehearted defensive efforts helped nullify Ronaldo's threat in the second half.

Seems to me that BBC thinks Alves handled Ronaldo pretty well. Again, I really think you saw a different game. Maybe a rerun of the 3-1 on Bernabeu.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
You must be on the same level as those 3 guys who won't give up an argument no matter what. I saw at least 5 guys from this forum saying that Alves was bad in the Clasico and that he was overrun by Marcelo and CR,especially the first half.Ronaldo scored one and was unlucky to score the 2nd one and also had plenty of dribbles on Alves,not to even mention Marcelo. It's so childish that you keep going back to the same line for like the 5th time already "I really think you saw a different game", lol.

serghei

You must be on the same level as those 3 guys who won't give up an argument no matter what. I saw at least 5 guys from this forum saying that Alves was bad in the Clasico and that he was overrun by Marcelo and CR,especially the first half.Ronaldo scored one and was unlucky to score the 2nd one and also had plenty of dribbles on Alves,not to even mention Marcelo. It's so childish that you keep going back to the same line for like the 5th time already "I really think you saw a different game", lol.

That's not 3 users. That's 7 users. Almost all comments that were made in the Alves thread after the game were positive.

Ronaldo scored 1 goal from a central position (Mascherano messed up there), nothing to do with Alves. In fact, Alves almost stopped the shot even though it was central.

Ronaldo's post was Mathieu messing up the line.

You give me two examples that have nothing to do with Alves messing up. :lol: That's because you don't know what you're talking about.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

On whoscored Ronaldo had only 2 dribbles, not plenty.

Home of Barca Fans