Quique Setien

BALUGA

Banned
Some players feel that a team like Barça is too big for Setién and his coaching staff. [cat radio]

Ter Stegen has doubts about his future at the club. The German has complained about the lack of training the squad is doing. [cat radio]

We found the suspect 😂

Messigician

Assistant coach Sarabia has had a hard talk with Messi days ago. The Argentine then told Setién what he thinks of him.
@moillorens

beginning of the end dawg. Never should have touched Messi's dream coach Valverde

malvolio

If you brought Klopp in the difference would be marginal.

klopp never worked with superstars like these. he likes his underdogs who he can shape in order to achieve his goals.

guardiola, for all his flaws, has worked with the biggest names in the business. and achieved success everywhere he went.

behindbrowneyes

guardiola, for all his flaws, has worked with the biggest names in the business. and achieved success everywhere he went.

Success on a national basis. Guardiola never managed to win a CL away from Barcelona. His style is great for championships but not for knock-out ties. He is a great coach, I rate him highly. Valverde was winning championships too, but people were not happy with our recent CL-record. Guardiola isn't the solution either.

Yes, Guardiola did win the CL with Barcelona twice, but this was a different team with players who dominated in every competition if you look at the success of Spain during the prime time of Puyol, Piqué, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

malvolio

Success on a national basis. Guardiola never managed to win a CL away from Barcelona. His style is great for championships but not for knock-out ties. He is a great coach, I rate him highly. Valverde was winning championships too, but people were not happy with our recent CL-record. Guardiola isn't the solution either.

Yes, Guardiola did win the CL with Barcelona twice, but this was a different team with players who dominated in every competition if you look at the success of Spain during the prime time of Puyol, Piqué, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

just stating the differences between managing real/barca and clubs with history that are not on the same level as those two.

sure, pep might not work a second time here. that la masia generation full of wonderkids is a one off.

Barcilliant

klopp never worked with superstars like these. he likes his underdogs who he can shape in order to achieve his goals.

As pointed out by another poster Pep has found the CL tough going away from Barça. I think Pep is actually a better coach now. He has evolved and I think City have a good chance of winning the CL this season.

Barcilliant

BTW quick Stat. First time in 16 years that we have had 5 league defeats. I said this is the weakest squad since Rijkaard took over in 2003.

Barcilliant

Assistant coach Sarabia has had a hard talk with Messi days ago. The Argentine then told Setién what he thinks of him.
@moillorens

beginning of the end dawg. Never should have touched Messi's dream coach Valverde

Well I guess we can say goodbye to Setien and Sarabia l
😂.

Seriously though it's refreshing to see someone with some backbone. I am sick of people kissing club de amigos asses especially Messi's.

LeeRomeno

I would say he was very good in first year, average (to decent at best, even if I don't agree) in the 2nd year mostly because the team collapsed in the key period of the season losing 2/3 titles in pretty embarrassing fashion. Terrible in the 3rd year.

The problem with him is that he was at his best on short term. We played our best football under Ernie relatively early after he came. Which is a sign that he wasn't at all a good fit to rebuild the team.

The problem is we invested a lot of money under Valverde, into what should have been clear and decisive steps towards phasing out the veterans and rebuilding the team at least to a good extent. Money that were mostly wasted. That is both the board's and the manager's fault.

I do not think Valverde really had any say in our purchases.

Marshall D Teach

I would say he was very good in first year, average (to decent at best, even if I don't agree) in the 2nd year mostly because the team collapsed in the key period of the season losing 2/3 titles in pretty embarrassing fashion. Terrible in the 3rd year.

The problem with him is that he was at his best on short term. We played our best football under Ernie relatively early after he came. Which is a sign that he wasn't at all a good fit to rebuild the team.

The problem is we invested a lot of money under Valverde, into what should have been clear and decisive steps towards phasing out the veterans and rebuilding the team at least to a good extent. Money that were mostly wasted. That is both the board's and the manager's fault.

Exactly. Valverde is not a guy you give 700 million euros worth of signings to.

serghei

I side with the managers over pampered veterans who don't want to work hard anymore. 100%. If Valverde had the guts to do anything about the situation and show his discontent I would've backed him 100%. Sadly, he decided to accept these things and act like everything was fine.

Who doesn't want to work anymore and run should get the fuck out.

Sarabia only exercised his job. It's his right to express anger when the players fail to meet standards. Who doesn't like criticism when they play like shit should, again, fuck off. I'm tired of seeing Amigos running this club into the ground. Everybody has to treat them as if they're some sort of gods of football who can't be touched.

If only to put these players back in their place I want a hardman in charge. A manager like Simeone would take chunks out of them. I don't even care about style for now. Just bring someone who can bring back discipline and professionalism, and clear out the elements who refuse to align.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans