Quique Setien

Porque

They had been on a good run under him I felt (kicking out Bayern was the highlight), can't believe they fired him just because of this recent slump.

Nah, Villa come and paid his buyout and offered him a huge contract. 6m BO +6m/year.

He has left pretty amicably and told Roig on Friday he had interest from Villa, and confirmed to him yesterday he will take the deal.

khaled_a_d

Is Villarreal too small a job for Pocchetino these days?

Maybe they could have given Gallardo an opportunity in Europe like they did with Pellegrini.

But alas, Setien will be ok in a low ego environment which Villarreal is. The only question is whether he took some time off to improve himself or it this is a cashgrab so to speak, with his old skillset.

Pocchetino refused Villa job it seems, and they snatched Villa's (the Spanish one) coach.
Safe to say Pocchetino wasn't accepting the deal with Villarreal.
Gallardo was linked to them, but I suspect he also refused.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nah, Villa come and paid his buyout and offered him a huge contract. 6m BO +6m/year.

He has left pretty amicably and told Roig on Friday he had interest from Villa, and confirmed to him yesterday he will take the deal.

Ahhh, thanks, I didn't know that. So it was just like another Setien or Nagelsmann...

Birdy

Is Villarreal too small a job for Pocchetino these days?

Maybe they could have given Gallardo an opportunity in Europe like they did with Pellegrini.

But alas, Setien will be ok in a low ego environment which Villarreal is. The only question is whether he took some time off to improve himself or it this is a cashgrab so to speak, with his old skillset.

Pochetino is way above the Villa job, and a Villareal job.
Popular opinion on BF doesn't reflect the truth many times (or most of the times?)

Poch deserves a top job at a top club, leading a project.
Like what ETH got at United

Temptation

Pochetino is way above the Villa job, and a Villareal job.
Popular opinion on BF doesn't reflect the truth many times (or most of the times?)

Poch deserves a top job at a top club, leading a project.
Like what ETH got at United
You surprised Chelsea didn't go for him??

What top jobs can you see him getting in the near future?

Home of Barca Fans