Quique Setien

Tackle

"...Setién aimed for possession-based, attacking styles of play, with a desire for vertical passing and quick interchanges..."

Raki and Busi done.

Guess you're in for a surprise mate.

Setien's love for Busi is far stronger than any affinity Valverde had towards Rakitic.

Expect to see the geriatric tree playing 90 minutes of every match now. Will be comical to watch this forum cry about De Jong not being used as pivot still, but under a new manager.

Messigician

:lol: Reported for trolling.

Valverde's problem were his tactics and team selection plus the style of football.

His handling of the dressing room however is world class, and many players such as Herrera have praised EV for it. There's a reason he's well liked.

abbbs97

lol [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION] keeps flip flopping between hating Valverde and liking him. its so strange :lol:

Marshall D Teach

Guess you're in for a surprise mate.

Setien's love for Busi is far stronger than any affinity Valverde had towards Rakitic.

Expect to see the geriatric tree playing 90 minutes of every match now. Will be comical to watch this forum cry about De Jong not being used as pivot still, but under a new manager.

So basically the worst Setien can do is be another Valverde.

But this time we can get rid of him at the end of the season without a massive payout.

Last edited:

Riordon

I really hope if the early signs show Setien is not the one for job, we don’t renew. I already wanted Valverde out after 3-4 months but Barto is often hesitant when firing coaches. Lucho should have left earlier aswell.

I hope it won’t be the case with Setien. 6 month is enough to see if he is good enough...

abbbs97

the contract is perfect. its essentially a 6 month deal with an option to extend if he does well. Lets hope he does great here.

serghei

Madridistas know their football. Both Betis and Las Palmas under Setien have been a pain in the ass for them to play against.

Riordon

the contract is perfect. its essentially a 6 month deal with an option to extend if he does well. Lets hope he does great here.

The problem with Barto is that he always goes for the safe option, seems like he hates being the guy firing a coach. Valverde should have been replaced a long ago. Lucho too. He wasn’t even fired.

I’m afraid that even though the signs show that Setien isn’t the one, Barto will go for the safe choice - to continue him

Home of Barca Fans