Qatar FC

Newcomer

This thread clearly and rightfully adresses the question of PSG adhering the rules of FFP.

Messi transfer and the others have been dealt with in the most professional manner while respecting the standards of financial responsability to uphold the equality in our beautiful game. It is no wonder Messi has chosen such an upright club to clean himself from his past deed and malpractices in Spain.

Proud of Leo the parisian and PSG.

FinBarcelonafan

This thread clearly and rightfully adresses the question of PSG adhering the rules of FFP.

Messi transfer and the others have been dealt with in the most professional manner while respecting the standards of financial responsability to uphold the equality in our beautiful game. It is no wonder Messi has chosen such an upright club to clean himself from his past deed and malpractices in Spain.

Where do you see equality in the picture?

jairzinho

we laughed time and again at the oil clubs, but seems those are the best run clubs in the business.

They are well run but their unlimited funds means there is greater margin for financial error. Any other club the margin for error is small meaning it's difficult to recover from bad investments and mismanagement.

Newcomer

Where do you see equality in the picture?
From the same Swiss Ramble a decade earlier : http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/04/truth-about-debt-at-barcelona-and-real.html

Same equality your club used to enjoy:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m5SWzO_S4...i3s/s1600/20+Debt+La+Liga+TV+Distribution.jpg

Not like it prevented any of you to support your club or ask for parity in your league.

Your clubs and league that have been able to stack debt in order to get a massive financial advantage and enjoy success :

4.bp.blogspot.com/--nwuJ_aCJGk/T5447mW4oPI/AAAAAAAAFoU/RIvIKrBGsXs/s1600/22+Debt+Major+European+Leagues.jpg

" Nevertheless, there is no room for complacency, when a comparison is made with the other major European leagues. At ?3.5 billion, Spanish liabilities are by far the highest, almost a billion Euros more than Serie A ?2.7 billion (up ?327 million in 2010/11) and the Premier League ?2.6 billion (2009/10 figure). The debt levels in the financially disciplined leagues are unexpectedly much smaller: the Bundesliga ?0.9 billion and Ligue 1 ?0.7 billion."

Financially disciplined leagues and clubs lose in the end.

" However, admiration of their exploits is tempered by the financial advantages that they enjoy compared to other less fortunate clubs. Not only do they generate far more revenue than anybody else (around ?100 million higher than the nearest challenger, Manchester United), but one of the main reasons for this substantial competitive advantage is an unbalanced domestic TV deal that awards the two Spanish giants almost half of the money available.

Their reputation off the pitch also suffered a hit recently in the media when it was ?revealed? that these great teams were built on a mountain of debt (?590 million at Real Madrid and ?578 million at Barcelona), raising questions as to whether this was, to coin a phrase, ?financial fair play.?"

Seems like before FFP was coined for new riches clubs, great spanish clubs weren't that much financial fair play compliant if we follow the spirit of the rule.

As for the graphs on PSG sponsors, the number one is Nike/Air Jordan with minimum 80 milions (PSG gets a bit more if Jordan stuff sells beyond a threshold), not even a Qatari company and it already dwarf OM sponsorships tally (36 millions). PSG is the only french club with global brand.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From the same Swiss Ramble a decade earlier : http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/04/truth-about-debt-at-barcelona-and-real.html

Same equality your club used to enjoy:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m5SWzO_S4...i3s/s1600/20+Debt+La+Liga+TV+Distribution.jpg

Not like it prevented any of you to support your club or ask for parity in your league.

Your clubs and league that have been able to stack debt in order to get a massive financial advantage and enjoy success :

4.bp.blogspot.com/--nwuJ_aCJGk/T5447mW4oPI/AAAAAAAAFoU/RIvIKrBGsXs/s1600/22+Debt+Major+European+Leagues.jpg

" Nevertheless, there is no room for complacency, when a comparison is made with the other major European leagues. At ?3.5 billion, Spanish liabilities are by far the highest, almost a billion Euros more than Serie A ?2.7 billion (up ?327 million in 2010/11) and the Premier League ?2.6 billion (2009/10 figure). The debt levels in the financially disciplined leagues are unexpectedly much smaller: the Bundesliga ?0.9 billion and Ligue 1 ?0.7 billion."

Financially disciplined leagues and clubs lose in the end.

" However, admiration of their exploits is tempered by the financial advantages that they enjoy compared to other less fortunate clubs. Not only do they generate far more revenue than anybody else (around ?100 million higher than the nearest challenger, Manchester United), but one of the main reasons for this substantial competitive advantage is an unbalanced domestic TV deal that awards the two Spanish giants almost half of the money available.

Their reputation off the pitch also suffered a hit recently in the media when it was ?revealed? that these great teams were built on a mountain of debt (?590 million at Real Madrid and ?578 million at Barcelona), raising questions as to whether this was, to coin a phrase, ?financial fair play.?"

Seems like before FFP was coined for new riches clubs, great spanish clubs weren't that much financial fair play compliant if we follow the spirit of the rule.

As for the graphs on PSG sponsors, the number one is Nike/Air Jordan with minimum 80 milions (PSG gets a bit more if Jordan stuff sells beyond a threshold), not even a Qatari company and it already dwarf OM sponsorships tally (36 millions). PSG is the only french club with global brand.

Disparity exists in both leagues, sure, but PSG's advantage vis-a-vis other Ligue 1 clubs vs. Barca/Madrid vis-a-vis other La Liga clubs when it comes to sponsorship and advertising revenue, as suggested by FC433 above in his post, is much wider, right? I don't have the numbers readily available, but I remembered Espanyol, the bottom of the table club in La Liga, boasting commercial revenue in the realm of 20 million euros, something like that.

There is nobody defending La Liga clubs, especially Barca and Madrid taking on a lot of debts. But debts are debts, especially for these two clubs that are run by socis and socios, will have to be repaid at some point and if not, they will sink the clubs. Irresponsible spending comes with consequences for these Spanish clubs. Not so in the case of PSG, debt will never be an issue for them. They can spend and spend and spend without having to incur a lot of debt, even if they did, they could just have some capital injection and clear the debt.

SmilerBam

Lyon and PSG are reportedly in advanced discussions over a move for Kurzawa. The latter already agreed on a contract with Lyon. If this goes through, this would be the best ever transfer window for me.

Bakker sold, if Kurzawa follows, it means PSG are definitely going to buy a competent, i hope, LB. After Hakimi on the RB, PSG would have fixed the two weakest positions in the starting team.

Please, be true, i want to dream !

Me too. I have a dream too...Qatar Fc being back where they belong: medicocrity.

SmilerBam

You are like a spokerperson for the Communist Party of North Korea.

Newcomer

It is a simple answer. People complain about financial disparity and financial edge of some clubs when they have been the ones enjoying it during decades and built success out of it.

My stance is simple, what we are seeing now is just the continuation. Bigger, richer players in the place and old money complaining about new money.

Your club want the Super League not for equality and financial fairness but to remain at the top of the pyramid.

I would agree if we were talking about true pauper clubs but the super League is just a repeat of previous La Liga TV deal. All the money for a select few and f*ck the rest.

And when you say it is just debt, it is blatant how an advantage it is. Bundesliga and L1 whose rules prevented them from going into that stacking debt scheme slipped behind the others and became the top 4 and top 5 "farmer" leagues.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is a simple answer. People complain about financial disparity and financial edge of some clubs when they have been the ones enjoying it during decades and built success out of it.

My stance is simple, what we are seeing now is just the continuation. Bigger, richer players in the place and old money complaining about new money.

Your club want the Super League not for equality and financial fairness but to remain at the top of the pyramid.

I would agree if we were talking about true pauper clubs but the super League is just a repeat of previous La Liga TV deal. All the money for a select few and f*ck the rest.

And when you say it is just debt, it is blatant how an advantage it is. Bundesliga and L1 whose rules prevented them from going into that stacking debt scheme slipped behind the others and became the top 4 and top 5 "farmer" leagues.

Well, La Liga's salary cap is something that is preventing clubs from spending beyond their means, right? And now we are seeing the consequences.

Yes, debts will have to repaid at some point unless your owner will just clear if for you.

Newcomer

Well, La Liga's salary cap is something that is preventing clubs from spending beyond their means, right? And now we are seeing the consequences.

Yes, debts will have to repaid at some point unless your owner will just clear if for you.

So, you are basically agreeing with me.

Bar?a enjoyed a great advantage when they could just stack debt while German and French clubs couldn't. Now that Spanish league finally put some restraint, you can see how a disavantage it was for the other before.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So, you are basically agreeing with me.

Bar?a enjoyed a great advantage when they could just stack debt while German and French clubs couldn't. Now that Spanish league finally put some restraint, you can see how a disavantage it was for the other before.

I am saying the so-called "advantage" you called (clubs are allowed to pile up more debts) is not really an advantage, the chickens will come home to roost one day, sooner or later and debts that any club (not just the Spanish ones) incurred will bite them in the ass one day, unless they can be easily and conveniently cleared off by owner's money (for example in the case of Espanyol recently).

What PSG has is truly an advantage, practically limitless money supply, no UEFA FFP or the French version of it to keep it in check.

Home of Barca Fans