Philippe Coutinho

CuleInAsia

I'd still go as far as to say that while LFC have improved immensely from selling Coutinho, Adding the likes of VVD + Alisson , They exactly haven't been able to replace him. The scoring from a distance was one of Phil's greatest strengths at Liverpool.

CuleInAsia

I know - but it still annoys me af that he sucks and that he is such a leach!

Blame the guys who thought a luxury player like him would fit in to a Barcelona side which already had Messi playing nearly in Coutinho's preferred position. And then the package offered to Coutinho.

We were suckered into the deal. Sucked into making the deals(Coutinho/Dembele) by mainly the entitled fans who pressurized the club to make signings to replace Neymar and LFC and BVB took us to the cleaners. We then had to make a further mistake of signing Griezmann on a big fat transfer while doing next to fuck all at even attempting to replace the ageing busquets and resolving the CB situation. And then the Suarez decision.

With a better coach than Koeman, I'd be confident that we'd see Coutinho get more and more influential.... But nothing about Ronald's pedigree so far leads me to believe that it would ever be the case.

Coutinho can see out his contract and collect his enormous salary. We're the suckers who gave him those numbers.

CuleInAsia

Oh shit we got a lawyer over here, thanks for clearing that up, I thought players everywhere are lowering their wages just to abide by the law.

He isn't obligated to lower his wages. If he wants to do it for the club voluntarily , that's a different matter. But he's not obligated to Barcelona.

Laplacian

Blame the guys who thought a luxury player like him would fit in to a Barcelona side which already had Messi playing nearly in Coutinho's preferred position. And then the package offered to Coutinho.

We were suckered into the deal. Sucked into making the deals(Coutinho/Dembele) by mainly the entitled fans who pressurized the club to make signings to replace Neymar and LFC and BVB took us to the cleaners. We then had to make a further mistake of signing Griezmann on a big fat transfer while doing next to fuck all at even attempting to replace the ageing busquets and resolving the CB situation. And then the Suarez decision.

With a better coach than Koeman, I'd be confident that we'd see Coutinho get more and more influential.... But nothing about Ronald's pedigree so far leads me to believe that it would ever be the case.

Coutinho can see out his contract and collect his enormous salary. We're the suckers who gave him those numbers.

Didn't know Messi's preferred position was as a left winger and left sided midfielder! Good to know.

Nazario1985

Didn't know Messi's preferred position was as a left winger and left sided midfielder! Good to know.

According to some genius in this forum Messi took at the same time the preferred position of Griez/Cou/Dembouz hence why they play like 5m euro singing. Even when he is not in the pitch it still his fault.

khaled_a_d

Fit is important and affects player, but at the end they should still show some of their qualities.
Ibra is prime example, he didn't look himself here but still his quality was clear.
Coutinho looked better as RW in his 1st half season than he looked at any position in next 3 years.
For whatever reason (my guess has been always a personal issue, like Hleb/Adriano) Coutinho hasn't been quality player for 3 years, that won't change with Messi leaving.
Dembele won't suddenly be better player, Griezmann will probably show a bit more but we would need way more from him so it won't matter that much.

vegitot

According to some genius in this forum Messi took at the same time the preferred position of Griez/Cou/Dembouz hence why they play like 5m euro singing. Even when he is not in the pitch it still his fault.

Prepare to witness the power of Coutinho, Dembele this season :lol:

Home of Barca Fans