Philippe Coutinho

Messigician

So yes you were wrong.

Include CL in that and it is more.

Coutinho played 7 games at AM at start of that season and Barca won 5 drew 1 and lost 1.

The one they drew Cout came on with half hour to go when 2-1 behind and finshed 2-2.

In one they lost he scored.

Nothing like 'dropped points in every game he played'.

Anyway you proved youself wrong in end and are either a troll a moron or quite possibly both so thats me out having proven you incorrect.

Ok then you can easily argue in the game he played 45 minutes doesn't count.

And I'm including the league not teams like PSV lmfao which we would win 4-0 playing Alena over Coutinho.

Furthermorehow did Coutinho actually play during this time? Oh wow 1 goal and 2 assists in 9 appearances what a star

LABarcaFan

I don't know if I'm naive and hopelessly optimistic. But is there anyone else who still believes, or at least hopes, that he can become a good CM for us with a coach that wants him there? Kind of like the transformation that KDB and Silva have gone through.

Coutinho as a CM ?

Maybe you were thinking as a LEFT ATTACKING MIDFIELDER!

In may days as a football player, the CM was the defensive midfielder. That did not change over the years. In Barcelona particularly we had Busy as a CM (defensive), Xavi as the typical # 8 ( right midfielder/play-maker ) and Iniesta as # 10 ( left midfielder/play-maker )

Coutinho's best place is just behind Suarez, as a false # 9, but unfortunately that position is already taken from senor Messi.That is why, he could not exist in Barca.

Andresito

Staff member
Coutinho as a CM ?

Maybe you were thinking as a LEFT ATTACKING MIDFIELDER!

In may days as a football player, the CM was the defensive midfielder. That did not change over the years. In Barcelona particularly we had Busy as a CM (defensive), Xavi as the typical # 8 ( right midfielder/play-maker ) and Iniesta as # 10 ( left midfielder/play-maker )

Coutinho's best place is just behind Suarez, as a false # 9, but unfortunately that position is already taken from senor Messi.That is why, he could not exist in Barca.

Dude your football vocabulary is so different to others, not only different but plain wrong. Be it regarding positions or release clause etc. A right midfielder is playing wide in a 4-4-2, Xavi was a CM. Busi is a DM.
And what I wanted was trying Coutinho as the offensive CM.

Andresito

Staff member
Can’t help but think this CAM we are desperate for in midfield could be Coutinho. Wasn’t a fan of him here at all but in terms of goals he can score in and outside the box, make assists, key passes, good in tight areas and link up play.

But we decided to shove him at LW then his poor performances affected him mentally. I’d probably give him another chance even though I wanted rid of him after that first spell, haven’t followed him at Bayern at all though, seen on here people saying he’s been underwhelming. At Liverpool he was great though, the reason we paid (overpaid) so much for him.

Felt a bit off topic in the Werner thread.

I don't exactly remember what went wrong. But I think it was like this:
Coutinho mostly played CM until Messi got injured. After that he was moved up to LW. Arthur started to play like a beast after the Spurs game and was impossible to bench thanks to that. Rakitic had to play, because, well Valverde was the coach.
By then Vidal started to go mad and cry and Valverde squeezed him into CM.
Demb?l? started to get injured early january so there simply was no option than to play Coutinho LW.

Vilarrubi

Felt a bit off topic in the Werner thread.

I don't exactly remember what went wrong. But I think it was like this:
Coutinho mostly played CM until Messi got injured. After that he was moved up to LW. Arthur started to play like a beast after the Spurs game and was impossible to bench thanks to that. Rakitic had to play, because, well Valverde was the coach.
By then Vidal started to go mad and cry and Valverde squeezed him into CM.
Demb?l? started to get injured early january so there simply was no option than to play Coutinho LW.

Yeah I thought that when replying to BBZ post, not sure how the topic got onto that.
That’s right, I didn’t remember exactly how it happened. Would you give him another chance? I question his mentality but i would at CAM, but not sure what formation we’d play with a CAM.

Richard.H

Anyone who thinks he's staying for any other reason besides club de amigos are delusional. He would be let go for 25 mill if it wasn't for Suarez and Messi being so biased and in favor of South American players.

vuji_31

Can't wait thew day when amigos will fall apart.

Only Messi is one who deserve to play in Barcelona.

But also when he goes Barca will be able to play modern football,will have more money from because his salary is too big.

JamDav1982

Anyone who thinks he's staying for any other reason besides club de amigos are delusional. He would be let go for 25 mill if it wasn't for Suarez and Messi being so biased and in favor of South American players.

That is not true or else he would not be on loan at Bayern.

Coutinho is worth far more than 25m he was Barcas best player for most part before he went to LW long term and his head went. That is on him though as should have been far better even if position didnt suit him at all.

Coutinho will never be a LW particularly when asked to hold that position in a front line with no pace.

Doubt he comes back but if Barca got the Liverpool Coutinho and more/pace work rate in front line where Messi holds more he would walk into the team at AM and improve it.

Assuming his head has not gone completely.

He will be sold though.

Still rooting for my man Cout wherever he ends up.

Richard.H

That is not true or else he would not be on loan at Bayern.

Coutinho is worth far more than 25m he was Barcas best player for most part before he went to LW long term and his head went. That is on him though as should have been far better even if position didnt suit him at all.

Coutinho will never be a LW particularly when asked to hold that position in a front line with no pace.

Doubt he comes back but if Barca got the Liverpool Coutinho and more/pace work rate in front line where Messi holds more he would walk into the team at AM and improve it.

Assuming his head has not gone completely.

He will be sold though.

Still rooting for my man Cout wherever he ends up.

He had many chances at Bayern also, and still didn't do so good after the first few games of the season.

Here in Barca, I cannot think of many good games he had besides RM in the 2018/2019 La Liga and vs Manchester United when they were already knocked out.

JamDav1982

He had many chances at Bayern also, and still didn't do so good after the first few games of the season.

Here in Barca, I cannot think of many good games he had besides RM in the 2018/2019 La Liga and vs Manchester United when they were already knocked out.

Yeah at Bayern not been good enough and still plays like has weight of world on shoulders.

For Barca in that second half of season when signed was second best player in team then had a good world cup had a decent start to next season then went to shit.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah I thought that when replying to BBZ post, not sure how the topic got onto that.
That?s right, I didn?t remember exactly how it happened. Would you give him another chance? I question his mentality but i would at CAM, but not sure what formation we?d play with a CAM.

The more the time passes I don't think we'll be able to get the reinforcements we want. Coutinho will basically be the only way we can hope to improve our midfield. It's better than nothing tbh and an upgrade on Rakitic.

The only way he can succeed is by playing CM in my opinion, in the role of Iniesta he was once meant to take over. For that to happen Setien needs to be very clear with how he wants Coutinho to play.
He's played on the rights side plenty of times in his career, maybe a recipe is playing him as the RCM with freedom to move out wide when Messi cuts in. Questionable though.

Home of Barca Fans