Philippe Coutinho

FCBfan22

Hopefully we sell.

We have 3 wingers for 2 positions: Dembele, Fati and Trincao

And a gazillion central players for 2 positions (or even 1 if we buy Lautaro): Messi, Griezmann, Puig, Pedri (plus Fati if we play him at ST sometimes)

Sell and don't look back.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Probably like this

De Jong XXXXXX
Messi Griezmann/Coutinho dembele
Lautaro

This is stupid. Because of Coutinho's defensive contribution is almost the same as having Luis and Leo up there. And when Griezmann is not playing, the minutes should go to Puig and Pedri.

SELL.

Alik

EgIrCuKXYAMRPbK

EgMLzAcWsAA2hQW

EgIrpHqX0AApfKF

EgML1LzWoAEa2c1

Before and after.

Messi983

Option 1: 4-3-3 with Messi as DLF/False 9 and two inside forwards

Pjanić-FDJ-Coutinho
Griez-Messi-Fati

Option 2: 4-1-2-1-2

FDJ
Pjanić-Puig
Cou
Messi-Griez

Messi would be our biggest goal scoring threat so he'd need to stay much closer to the goal and other midfielders would need to bring him the ball so he wouldn't need to drop deep.

Option 3: 4-2-2-2

FDJ-Pjanić
Coutinho-Puig
Messi-Griez

Similar as option 2. FBs would need to provide almost all width in both those systems and I don't believe our current FBs can do that so we'd need to replace them. But replacing Semedo and Alba would be my priority anyway ahead of signing a new 100m forward.

Option 4: 3-4-3/3-4-1-2

Emerson-FDJ-Pjanić-LWB
Coutinho
Messi-Griezmann

We don't really have enough (good) CBs to make this formation work right now nor are Messi and Griezmann the right profiles of strikers. Messi behind Griez and someone like Haaland (or Lukaku :p) and with Camavinga/Partey replacing Pjanić in midfield would be a totally different story. But either way there is no place for Coutinho in that lineup unless Messi leaves next year and we'll keep him in that role. He'd surely crumble under pressure of eventually replacing Messi (like most players would tbh).

I've decided not to include Lautaro because I don't want him and he'd cause us more additional problems than solutions, lol.

I think the first option is the most likely to work if Coutinho would improve his defensive workrate but overall all of these lineups are way to suspect defensively and I think Koeman would want to improve the team defense primarily and I just don't see it happening with Coutinho in the lineup so that (besides financial aspect - big wages and the fact we'd need to pay further 20m to Liverpool if he plays something like 25 more games for us) is the reason why he shouldn't be here next season. If we can't sell him just loan him for another season to whichever club is willing to cover the most of his wages.

Home of Barca Fans