Philippe Coutinho

Jcar

Coutinho is still a great player. He just isn't... Stellar. He has stamina problems to play CM, he has the same problem that Arthur had.

But i actually think that we could make him work with other players defending in his place. The problem is that we are already trying to get new legs to run more on the field, so should we try a player that cant run all the time?

Also, he has problems with the tiki-taka possession style. He needs players running around him and giving options to make key passes. He also could do well with more space to make dribbles and stuff. A more direct game would do wonders to him, even players like Dembele could fit more at the Style.

Anyways, i think that we should play like Ajax of 2019 of De Jong, Ziyech and De Ligt. Stylewise.

Last edited:

Jcar

I like Coutinho, but i am not crazy about him. Who needs to make those choices is our new manager.

But, i am telling you guys that i think that is possible to make him work for us, if we decide to take a gamble.

Messi983

There are two big (financial) reasons against keeping him.

1. his wages
2. we'd need to pay L'pool another 20m if he'd play 100 games for us. He's currently at 76 so if he'd stay he'd surely get to 100 next year unless he suffers a longtime injury.

Just not worth a risk imo.

Vilarrubi

He’s not a winger.

He’s not gonna work in midfield for us.

He’s not gonna occupy CAM/behind strikers because Messi is usually there.

Should sell at anything above 50/60m imo, at least we can use that money on players who fit.

FCBfan22

Coutinho is still a great player. He just isn't... Stellar. He has stamina problems to play CM, he has the same problem that Arthur had.

But i actually think that we could make him work with other players defending in his place. The problem is that we are already trying to get new legs to run more on the field, so should we try a player that cant run all the time?

Also, he has problems with the tiki-taka possession style. He needs players running around him and giving options to make key passes. He also could do well with more space to make dribbles and stuff. A more direct game would do wonders to him, even players like Dembele could fit more at the Style.

Anyways, i think that we should play like Ajax of 2019 of De Jong, Ziyech and De Ligt. Stylewise.

We already have 2 starters with stamina/workrate problems... Leo and Fatass. That's the main reason why Fatass needs to go... If we add another one, it will be worse.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good for him. Even if he wasn't the ideal fit and his attitude stunk towards the end, he was playing out of position like pretty much every other player we've signed over the years.

Home of Barca Fans