Pep Guardiola

Andresito

Staff member
Bruno Fernandes: “Guardiola is the best manager in the world. He changed football forever. His influence is everywhere, everyone wants to be like him. Klopp, on the other hand, has won less titles; but I relate to him and his passion, and how he revolutionized Liverpool.”

Temptation

Man City’s record against the ‘big 6’ clubs in the Premier League this season:

❌ 1-0 loss at Arsenal
✅ 3-0 win at Man Utd
➖ 4-4 draw at Chelsea
➖ 1-1 draw vs. Liverpool
➖ 3-3 draw vs. Spurs
➖ 1-1 draw vs. Chelsea
✅ 3-1 win vs. Man Utd
➖ 1-1 draw at Liverpool
➖ 0-0 draw vs. Arsenal

Have only gotten the better of Man Utd 😬

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Man City’s record against the ‘big 6’ clubs in the Premier League this season:

❌ 1-0 loss at Arsenal
✅ 3-0 win at Man Utd
➖ 4-4 draw at Chelsea
➖ 1-1 draw vs. Liverpool
➖ 3-3 draw vs. Spurs
➖ 1-1 draw vs. Chelsea
✅ 3-1 win vs. Man Utd
➖ 1-1 draw at Liverpool
➖ 0-0 draw vs. Arsenal

Have only gotten the better of Man Utd 😬

crazy, looks like City have lost motivation after winning cl

would not surprise me if they lose against Real

Pep will leave City next season or in 2 seasons

Loki

crazy, looks like City have lost motivation after winning cl

would not surprise me if they lose against Real

Pep will leave City next season or in 2 seasons
They didn't only win CL, they've won everything last season. People underestimate the hunger needed to win trophies. It gives you the extra 10% of stamina and strength on the field that lets you stand out from the rest in combination with your usual skill level of course.
Also Pep's football is very demanding. Put mental fatigue in combination with physical fatigue and you get a weaker City than last season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

They didn't only win CL, they've won everything last season. People underestimate the hunger needed to win trophies. It gives you the extra 10% of stamina and strength on the field that lets you stand out from the rest in combination with your usual skill level of course.
Also Pep's football is very demanding. Put mental fatigue in combination with physical fatigue and you get a weaker City than last season.

yeah i agree, i remember when i won the champions league on fifa

until to that victory i was on fire every season i played

but after that win i lost my motivation to win it again

it's amazing how Real motivated themself to win it 3 times in a row

Loki

it's amazing how Real motivated themself to win it 3 times in a row
Well for starters, they've never managed to win the treble which means they were always motivated enough to try it next season. They also have a special CL mentality of course, which makes them always a difficult opponent in the CL no matter their form. But the downside is, they lose the league and the cup more often.
It's a double edge sword. As long as you keep winning the CL often enough, your fans will forgive you for not focusing on domestic titles too much. But that can change very fast.

Temptation

Well for starters, they've never managed to win the treble which means they were always motivated enough to try it next season. They also have a special CL mentality of course, which makes them always a difficult opponent in the CL no matter their form. But the downside is, they lose the league and the cup more often.
It's a double edge sword. As long as you keep winning the CL often enough, your fans will forgive you for not focusing on domestic titles too much. But that can change very fast.
CL 3peat is a bigger achievement than any treble. Numerous clubs have done a treble but no one wins 3 CLs in a row.

Loki

CL 3peat is a bigger achievement than any treble. Numerous clubs have done a treble but no one wins 3 CLs in a row.
A weak argument in my opinion. The other side of the story is that they never were the team who beat all in a season. There was always someone who got the better of them. Three CL in row don't change the fact that some poorer LaLiga side won against them in CdR in the same season. The most difficult achievement is still to be good enough to win everything in a season.
If you don't focus much on the Copa/LaLiga and reserve strength for the CL, of course it's more likely you perform better there. Cristiano was the prime example for many years how to be invisible first half of the season to be at top form for the second part. The problem is, you can't win LaLiga very often if you only focus on half the games.

I'd never trade our 2 trebles for 3 CL win's in a row.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans