Pep Guardiola

Loki

Of course he cares about the club. But he chose the easy life and how can you blame him for it. He has the most attractive coach position in the world, where he earns a ton of money, where he gets every player he wants as he would play a computer game and he has the highest competition. Should he leave all of it behind because of nostalgy and make his life harder on purpose? No one would do this.
Guardiola also relys on the best players to fit his style perfectly. He needed nearly 10 years at City and their unending cash pool to win the CL once. At Barca he would have to work with what is available and that's not much.

It's like saying you don't love your 20 year old volkswagen, because you won't leave your new Bugatti behind and try to restore it.

Porque

Why would Pep put himself through the stress of returning. We are like an abusive parent. Sure there is love there, but it is just not worth the punishment to live day in day out with them.

Stay in City, get held to the status of a god with way less board, press and fan pressure. Get payed way more and get to sign whoever you like every year and don't get questioned if the Blondie you are with is male, female or Shiatsu.

It's an easy choice for Pepito le pew.

Nazario1985

If Man City goes under the knife of the FFP then Pep will definitely be tainted as a manager like he was tainted as a player.
Also if their was some dirt in City he CAN'T say i wasn't aware of it, that would be taking people for stupid. not even talking about the $$ that is paid directly in UAE banks.

Joan

Of course he cares about the club. But he chose the easy life and how can you blame him for it. He has the most attractive coach position in the world, where he earns a ton of money, where he gets every player he wants as he would play a computer game and he has the highest competition. Should he leave all of it behind because of nostalgy and make his life harder on purpose? No one would do this.
So how do we know he cares about the club? He obviously doesn’t. That’s okay, but let’s not pretend otherwise. And you’re talking as if he’d be moving to coach in Siberia. He’d still earn a lot here and Barcelona has its upsides.

Many people would, in fact. Otherwise no one would be taking on a challenge and leave the comfort zone.

Windhook

Those are not fake interviews. Pep's mind game is simple as praising the opponents and rivals. And when he has to elevate people he's mentored he'd do it.

Arteta while still being assistant to Pep at City declined the Arsenal job immediately after Arsene Wenger.

Horatio

You're welcome
Everybody knows that.

But what does this mean? Who is "they"?

What does this have to do with Liverpool?

Pep clearly took a dig at us. Mind games.
Was trying to help you out. Fine. Let his comments get to you for all I care.

Good for the game regardless.

Xtroverto

What the Abu Dhabi group understood to perfection and what Rosell and his lapdog Bartomeu utterly failed to understand was the importance of loyalty and familiar bonds including the extended family. If Guardiola before being signed to Manchester had required the club to hire his wife's secretary's dog as a guard dog for the club premise, they would have complied. Even if said dog was nothing more than a toothless toy dog. Why? Because to Guardiola, that would have been important.

When Real Madrid hired Ancelotti his requirement included an entourage of some 20 people, most of them completely useless and given a role in the club that had absolutely nothing to do with running the team. Why? Because that was important to Ancelotti.

When Rosell took over the club, he made a number of unacceptable changes to the staffing of FC Barcelona, this include a number of people hired by the club because they were important to Guardiola.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
@Temptation

🚨🗣️ Pep Guardiola : "I wouldn’t be a professional footballer if I played in today's game." 😳⬇️

"I was a slow central midfielder, I couldn't shoot, I couldn't dribble, I was poor in the air, I wasn't quick. I got by. Sometimes I watch myself in a game from back then and now I couldn't play even as a joke."

Pep Guardiola as a player:
🏟️ Games: 531
🚀 Goals: 25
🎯 Assists: 54
🏆 Trophies: 18

Thoughts? ⬇️

He is full of shit, as always. His conniving, fake modesty attitude can fool idiots. Which 90 percent of fans are.
Great manager for richest clubs though.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Keeps doing the same shit making the same mistakes this year. Alvarez is not it in midfield.... Recruitment has been a bit meh after the treble, needed fast skillful wingers whoa are ready for the here and now and got a future prospect instead - which is potentially fine longer term.

have to say i havent been very impressed with city. The'yre making was too many mistakes and cant control games like they use to and are really lacking in creativity.

Home of Barca Fans