Pep Guardiola

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But didn't Ancelotti just say that he is not interested in working for Bayern because of the lack of competition?

Sportbild is not credible as usual.

Last edited:

Alik

Indeed, Pep Gorilla hasn't done anything wrong. He was just monkeying around. :(

:lol:

Good bet it'll be the Premiership...City & United both have compelling reasons to choose from although I still think City ticks more of the boxes I'd imagine for Pep

Bayern however, who will go there?

I think Man Utd's history is probably more inviting to Pep than City's lack of soul.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Unless this is too off-topic. . .
I disagree with that. We would have beaten Chelsea 7 or 8 times out of 10 in that Champions League tie and would have been equal or better than Bayern in the final.

Probably. That isn't really relevant to us failing in the league during the course of the season, though.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ancelotti, maybe?

It was quite recent that Carlo rubbished the Bundesliga, deeming it uncompetitive - but who knows?...There was a link at the start of the season out of Italy that Bayern had already agreed on Carlo taking over for Pep but it never picked up any momentum

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More trustworthy than anything MD and Grupo Godo says, but still not trustworthy enough.

Truth is, no one, no German or Catalan paper, nor any Bayern board member or anyone else knows what he'll do. Only Pep knows and I guess he'll reveal it when he's made a decision.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I bet even he doesn't know. If people attack him like a pack of wolves everytime they slip I don't see why he should stay.

El Flaco

Quotes from Pep who admire Pellegrini's coaching style

I am a huge fan of Pellegrini. I have learned much from him and his concepts," Guardiola said of the Chilean coach. "I am lucky to be a great admirer and a colleague of him. I feel as though I am a follower of him, of his game philosophy. One can watch one of his teams without knowing who trains them and one would immediately know that this is a Pellegrini team just by they way they play.

He likes good players, those who control the ball and always play ahead," Guardiola said. "His teams play very well. I enjoy watching them. He is a coach whose ideas are very clear. I have faced him several times and I have suffered when he was with Villarreal or with Real Madrid while I was at Barcelona. The same with him now at City and with me here at Bayern.

it doesn't matter who has won or lost more. A coach is good when you have to think about how to face him. When you have to give how to win a lot of thought. That is what always happens with Pellegrini.
Pellegrini is a coach who has very clear ideas and is able to stamp them upon all the teams he has coached. He likes to play good football. His teams dominate and do not let their rivals play. That is the key to his football idea and I will always respect that.

Source

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern is offering Guardiola 15m per year as part of the new contract that runs through the end of the 17/18 season. He has to be the highest paid manager in the world, right?

Alarcón

Feels like his last season at Barca to be honest, when everyone was begging for him to stay, board offered him higher pay but he still refused to comment until he announced he'd leave... I guess he just isn't the kind of coach to stay more than few years anywhere.

Home of Barca Fans